Fresh N Low Pedal for Scotland Sportive

Colin H

Anybody thinking of giving the 100 mile sportive a shot on the 12th September?

Departure is between 0700 to 0730 :shock: . Bit earlier than I would have liked but if there are enough bodies from the Joansin I may be tempted :roll:

Would be looking for the Mrs to collect me at the other end and may have room for 1 plus bike if I do decide to have a go Oh ya dancer !

Colin Hello, beer !!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Colin,

Yes - I was seriosly thinking about the 100 mile run. 'er indoors was going to pick me up from Edinburgh. Saw bad repports on t' internet about the provided bike return service.

Mark - the route is on the event website.

Paul C

Coming to this a bit late (something of a pattern) the 100 mile route looks a good 'un - Mary and I are keen to have a go. Checked with organisers yesterday and entries are being taken up until the "week before".

Our intention would be to get round at a comfortable pace , but without undue delay - perhaps at a similar pace to the flatter sections of our recent Etape du Perthshire outing. If that suits anyone else great - but if others want to push on for a time equally fine - we can do our own thing.

Mark's query on the route: It doesn't look too bad at all to me - plenty of up and down but nothing massive. Long drag from Eastwood Toll thru' Newton Mearns to A77, then nothing out of the ordinary thru. Wateside & Moscow to Galston. Similar on A71 thru' Darvel towards Strathaven, then the minor road off towards Dungavel has a short sharp lift before joining the Muirkirk Rd. That road has a few drags but nothing worse. From Muirkirk it is fairly flat thru' Douglas until you cross under the A74 then it is quite lumpy thru' Rigside before a long descent towards Hyndford Bridge. A bit lumpy again thru' Pettanain then very flat into Carstairs Junction and Carnwath. Onto the A70 (Lang Whang) then a detour via Auchengray/ Woolford/ Harburn which is fairly constant up and down but nothing major. Back onto the Whang for some more up & down to Harperigg Reservoir from which it is a gradual downhill into Balerno/Currie etc.

Will see who else posts here over the next few days and aim to enter next week. Cheers

Iain