Fresh N Low Pedal for Scotland Sportive

Colin H

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cheers Greig,

Hope you and Billy found some place welcoming to wait for the train. Great day out, massive ride from 7 Jets - 6 of them doing their first halfi century.full report to follow.

PS good to hear Kenny Mac is giving the Portree boys a hard time at the spinning - Ian Campbell was telling all.

Pps 8 jets actually - Josh was riding too , but not with us.

M

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes superb effort from all the Jets, great too see them riding so well in a bunch maintaining great formation, with good road sense and awareness, which couldn't always be said of some of the other participants. Plenty positive comments on them from other cyclists and spectators.

Well Done Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Bigger bunch next year?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Don't know if they're home, but we did see some of them in Edinburgh: last seen heading off in search of lifts / trains / beer (delete as appropriate).

Iain Mc, Lance, Ian C and Mary all rolled into the Vicky park around 3ish looking as fresh as daisies. Sounds like they had a great time, but will let them tell their tale.

M

My longest ever ride! Hoped to do 6 - 6.5 hrs but did in 5:54 (on my computer).

Pedalled with Alan most the way - thanks for waiting on some of the climbs. The only downer was two rear wheel punctures in the space of 15 miles.

Sorry did wait to see others finish but Linda had been waitng a while to pick me at Corstorphine so had to go ( another 6 miles!)

I hope everyone got home OK - ScotRail were limiting the no. of bikes on the trains.

Paul C

Great day out in good company and relatively fine weather (look at today!). Some wet roads in Ayrshire and a minor squall around the hill at Carmichael, followed by bright warm sunshiine and a tailwind all the way in the Whang from Carnwath.

Mark looked comfortable all the way round as did Mary on her first 100 miler, despite a niggling knee problem. Fair play to Iain Mc for massively extending his previous maximum distance. Great to see Martin and the boys at the finish. On the day we weren't much fussed about time which was just as well given the wait at Waverly!

We were cheered by the appearance there of Kenny C and Kev H who had enjoyed the 51 mile event. A potentially tedious couple of hours were very pleasantly spent in cheery banter, fulled by M & S's Belgian Lager and crisps. Possibly not the recovery fuel of sports scientists.

From the sound of it the more erratic riding was to be witnessed in the shorter event, so great to hear that the Jets discipline stood them (and others) in good stead.

Very well done to each of them - a fantastic achievement!

Iain

100 miles on legs of fire. What a day I never actually believed I could make it after struggling in the 25 miler at the Don Smith memorial earlier in the year. My previous pwr (personal world record) was about 40 miles at Dunoon that day where I caused an accident :cry: . Still lost 2 stones since then :lol:

Thanks to Iain and Mary for dragging me round the 1st 30 miles after that I was just hanging on.

Those Jets must be well trained to be able to do 51 miles at their young age. :lol:

Iain/Mary I got the bus back at Victoria Park, how when did you get back?