Tuesday 11th APR?

Kenny Christie

Hi Kenny

I'll give it a go if there's enough of us. I actually rode over part of the Peesweep circuit on Sunday and the latter part of the route (back across the moor to the main road at Peesweep) is still very rough indeed- if anything worse than before. I'd say we would be safer at the Gateside/Lugton circuit if we're on.

Iain

Guys,

I will be up for this but need to know time.

Incase we don't get numbers I was intending a Renfrewshire backroad tour this evening at about 1830 as an alternative. Any company would be welcome if the APR is a non starter.

Colin Hello, beer !!

• Members

Guys have been watching thread and thought I would throw in an alternative route for your thoughts. We have used it in past as a variant APR circuit.

Start road opposite Knapps on outside of kilmacolm. down old Greenock road to take a left at crossroads heading to lochwinnoch , left onto Quarriers road turn left before entering village , up back onto Kilmacolm road and left to complete circuit.

The finish is at 30mph sign just before Quarriers village

circuit is 4.5 mile rolling and mainly quiet roads all LH turns.

Good few years since we used it but worth a try , parking at Knapps or Quarriers for our travellers.

Kenny MacD

Kenny,

Sounds like a good circuit. I would think probably easier for most to get to as well?????

Only bit you really have to watch out for is the turn back onto Kilmacolm Road from Quarriers, but by the time you get to the top of the hill most will be crawling anyway :oops:

Anybody up for it?

Colin.

RIght,

Lets make some decisions then.

APR circuit for tonight as suggested by Kenny Mac IE Quarriers loop.

Meet at layby car park at Knapps loch (just outside Kilmacolm on the Bridge of Weir side) 1830 for 1845 start.

5 laps of circuit (with first one a slightly easier sighting lap for those who don't know it).

Ian,

If you want to meet me at the end of my road (iron bridge on LHS of Georgetown road about 1.5 miles from start of TT) we can ride over. Say 1800?

If limited numbers we can ride circuit at a pace for a bit of training anyway :oops:

Okay, recap - Kenny Mac's route was used tonight and bar a couple of sections its in reasonable shape. There are a couple of nasty corners, and a blind crest with oncoming traffic on the RHS although to be fair we didn't encounter much traffic at all.

The numbers were not conducive to running a bona fide APR so we set off for a through and off, last man standing type affair.

Seb, Ian McGinty, Iain Cowden, Colin, Greig, Billy, and a special guest star rider-Kenny Steele set off for 5 laps of pain, There was meant to be a civilised 1st lap but this didn't happen. Basically Seb rode everyone off his wheel with consummate ease! Offering a large shelter from the wind if you are able to hold his wheel, (I wasn't) We did work well as a group though at a pace which is way beyond the comfort zone.

I did enjoy it tonight though as I never ride like that. Its always distance stuff for me. So in summary would there be interest in doing this on the same course next week? We really need more numbers though, a couple of groups would be great. If you are reading this thinking about it, give it a go!