Strava Points Jersey - Segment of the Week

• 2023 Subscriptions

This is a new competition (and a new spreadsheet ;) ) and is running alongside the Thursday nights, and is for a virtual points jersey and will give those who cant make a Thursday a chance to take part.

Every week i'll pick a strava segment and the fastest riders on that segment over the course of that week can get points - 6 points for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 4 for 3rd and 3 for 4th, 2 for 5th. 1 Point for everyone else that completes the segment. This runs Monday to Sunday and you can have as many attempts at setting a time as you like. The scores will get added to the following weeks chaingang score. The points competition is also a seperate competition that runs all through the summer so you dont need to take part in the chain gang to take part in this.

I'll try to choose roads that don't feature on regular club runs and also try and spread it out around the area so everyone has a local one from time to time. First up (for week 3 April to 9  April) is Howwood to Cyclepath Its about 1km long and an uphill drag from Howwood to the Cyclepath.

https://www.strava.com/segments/8903752

Just testing the waters on this if there isnt much interest after a few weeks i'll quietly drop it!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done to all who took part for the first week.  I get the feeling i'll be getting in the neck when i add the extra points to the spreadsheet after next thursday from those that didnt have an attempt :D

1. Iain Mct 25.0mi/h 1:43 (6 points)

2. Paul L 22.0mi/h 1:57 (5 points)

3. Paul Mcd 21.5mi/h 2:00 (4 points)

4. Ryan 19.5mi/h 2:12 (3 points)

5. Colin 18.9mi/h 2:16 (2 points)

6. Graham F 17.6mi/h 2:26 (1 point)

7. Ian H 17.5mi/h 2:27 (1 point)

8. Anthony T 16.0mi/h 2:41 (1 point)