Saturday 11th March

• 2024 Subscriptions

I could do next Saturday. It would also avoid clashing with the club confined event on the Sunday. I have already discussed this with others  and the thought was something like the Don Smith route would be good. Or, full coast - the other way - and then head for a few hills (nothing too hard) on the run back. The thinking is that this would be a (relatively) easy way to get used to the longer distances and tougher runs to come later this month and next. I'm open to other suggestions though.

Cheers

• 2024 Subscriptions

I could do next Saturday. It would also avoid clashing with the club confined event on the Sunday. I have already discussed this with others  and the thought was something like the Don Smith route would be good. Or, full coast - the other way - and then head for a few hills (nothing too hard) on the run back. The thinking is that this would be a (relatively) easy way to get used to the longer distances and tougher runs to come later this month and next. I'm open to other suggestions though.

Cheers

Sorry Guys

Just realised that I cannot make Saturday after all. I've something on which had totally slipped my mind :-(

• 2023 Subscriptions

That's a shame, Darryl. I like your idea tho.

If the Arranites come out it might be an idea to stay this side of the water as I know where all the cafes & train stations are for when I get pumped out the back 😩

• 2023 Subscriptions

Been thinking about a route, if no appetitie for Dunoon.

From club rooms head for Houston, through Houston and over the monkey house then Old Greenock Road to Port Glasgow, over Devol then over Loch Thom. Rather than go to BB we head onwards and over Fairlie Moor. Through Dalry and up Swinlees which takes you out near the top of Largs Road where we descend into Largs for a lie down in the BB.

Home via Brisbane and The Whinn.

A nice gentle intro to our Fred/Marmotte build up.

The forecast (which is always right, isn't it?) is for sunshine, light wind and 10 degrees so I might even dig out the good bike.

See you at the club rooms at 9am.

T.A.B.

• Administrators

Been thinking about a route, if no appetitie for Dunoon.

From club rooms head for Houston, through Houston and over the monkey house then Old Greenock Road to Port Glasgow, over Devol then over Loch Thom. Rather than go to BB we head onwards and over Fairlie Moor. Through Dalry and up Swinlees which takes you out near the top of Largs Road where we descend into Largs for a lie down in the BB.

Home via Brisbane and The Whinn.

A nice gentle intro to our Fred/Marmotte build up.

The forecast (which is always right, isn't it?) is for sunshine, light wind and 10 degrees so I might even dig out the good bike.

See you at the club rooms at 9am.

T.A.B.

Is the Whin the B788 road to Kilmacolm?