Strava Administrator???

EricL

• 2023 Subscriptions

Dear Strava Admin  

An observation - We appear to have a new entrant under JWCC (AlexanderM) who has effectively blocked out activity for the past two days with hundreds of entries, and appearing as #1 on the leader board!

Can such an entrant be deleted if there is no obvious connection? Maybe I'm wrong and this guy is everyone's mate and we'll see him out on the next bunch run! If so please accept my apologies.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done Eric / Iain. At same time, best to leave unofficial club too.

That makes good sense Alex, helps tidy things up and properly launch the Club's new Strava site. 

JWCC official Strava appears to have some traction now, members should feel free to invite known JWCC members who have not yet transitioned.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Is there any way of stopping/checking potential joiners or is it all in the hands of Strava admin?

Hi Richie, I believe we can, Iain set up this new site and has effective control back in club hands as main admins.

He explained we should have the power to reject any rogue entries, so if anyone spots something unusual then we could do something about it. Knowledge of the membership would be an advantage.  

I have offered to help in being added as co-admin although not very computer literate and will need to be shown what to do!  

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yeah it is possible to remove people from the group. It is also possible to lock the group so everyone has to be pre-approved - at the moment i think it is best to leave it open partly to make it easier for the transition but also to allow potential new members to have a look at club rides (etc) whereas when the group is locked this isn't possible. If lots of non members join and spamming the feed becomes an issue then can change it to a closed group.