Bike Maintainence Workshop - Wednesday 26th October 7pm

chung

• Life Members

Hi All Wheelers,

I've spoken to a few members & thought it might be a good idea to hold one of these " Bike maintainence workshop" again just before the winter period sets in to make sure the bike you ride is suitably set up for the demands of our cold weather.

It'll be similiar to the "master classes" that Paul Leavy organised from last year, except I think this could be a bit more "hands on" approach.

Sandra have kindly allow her Wednesday turbo session on the evening to be postponed & instead we'll have this workshop to hopefully assist with members on the finer arts in getting your bike "winter ready" :-)

Sandra have also allowed her bike to be the guinea pig on the night, as we will be going about fitting mudguards onto her bike. (which can be a bit tricky & time consuming)

If you have any questions/problems with your bike, you can bring it along & we'll see if we can have a look & treat it as a workshop discussion session.

I was also told that there'll be cakes & stuff available on the night ;-)

So, workshop time is:

Wednesday 26th October

the clubroom, starting at 7pm sharp

Anyone looking for a good few hours of constructive bike fondling, then this is it :-) all welcome along & see you there then.

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

On the above

Q Bikes run a City and Guilds level 2 on bicycle mechanics , covers all the basics gears, bottom brackets, head sets , wheel building , wheel alignment, wheel bearings plus more.

I have recently attended ( done the other one ) really good course for those who want to know a bit more and maybe save some money by doing most of there own services and maintenance

• Life Members

Chung. I would be interested, maybe bring my bike along. If that is ok, issues with mudguards

David, of course - please do bring it along.

That's the idea, it's a workshop - we can all have a good look at the issue & hopefully get it sorted. That way, everyone learns something that they might encounter in future & be a bit more confident in tackling these issues!

P.S It's not the Canyon? Is it? :-)

Looking forward to this

Cheers

Chung

• 2 weeks later...
  • Life Members

Hi All,

Just a reminder of this workshop for tomorrow evening, so bring along your bike(s) if you have any issues or come along & share some of your bike maintenance tips & knowledge :-) It'll be hands on kind of night ................

Workshop starts 7am sharp, Sandra have the keys & will be there 10-15 minutes before.

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Thanks to everyone for a very entertaining evening indeed, it was good to see folks getting "hands-on" with their bikes!

I too picked up a few tips from others during last nights session :-)

I hope this will at least give people some confidence in working around their bikes, & lets all help to eradicate dodgey mud-guards situation :-)

P.S - Just want to illiterate the importance on fitting a "chain catcher" to your bike frames (as stressed to David & Eric last night) it's a simple/cheap device but essential to prevent the chain jamming between your frame & chainrings ........... ask Paul Leavy :-)

Till the next time then ................

Cheers

Chung