Fred Whitton Challenge 2017

With folks dropping out. Does this mean there is a spare bed? If so and you've got no one else to fill it, then my dad would gratefully take it (and pay for it) as he's also managed to get a place on this ride, but doesn't have any accommodation sort out so was planning to leave home at 3am in the day itself....madness.

• 2023 Subscriptions

On same subject as Joshua, I would be very keen to impersonate very distinguished Charles McCucker QC or the Thompson gun toting Richie Cross if it meant I could get their slot on the ride if they did not use it. I have no idea what their accommodation arrangements were but I would be happy to team up with whoever it was as long it's not Billy :) ( just kidding coach Bill although I heard you snore )

I would likely just stay over one night but happy to cover whatever the person I might replace had committed to.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sometimes I kind of wish it was bad enough for surgery rather than not really getting to the bottom of it.

David...are you heading down the morning of the event? Just you?

Heading down with Daryl, what is your arrangements, I've got 2 cycle carriers, possibly Eric going as well

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry Paul slot not transferable. If it was would have been delighted to let u have

Ok thanks Charlie, I can always do another DA attemp !

Hope the recovery is going well and you are plotting a late season blitz on the Thursday night world champs. Missed your cheery coupon at the track this past month.

Paolo

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ian. Are you looking for a lift for the Fred?

I think I am taking PaulL down the day before. We are staying 2 nights, so could give you a lift on the Saturday.

George, I am already taking Daryl and Eric to drumlanrig, so would be a tight squeeze in the back of the car, but you are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2024 Subscriptions

Ritchie

That's a real shame. It won't be quite the same without you. I'm guessing it's due to not being able to get out on the bike, or is it your knee? Either way, your presence will be missed.

You can defer your entry until next year, which is what Charlie has done...

Hope to see you out at some point.

Darryl

A bit of both Darryl. Can only get out on my 2 Sundays in every 5 as I have the wee guy on my other days off.

Thought I'd blast the turbo but found I can only do an hour once or twice a week.

I've got a run of Sundays off that will hopefully see me ok for the Marmotte but they don't start soon enough to the Fred.

Gents,

I have a Saris Grande Fondo bike carrier for the borrowing thereof, if space is tight in cars going to the Fred.  Simple to fit on to the car - no roof bars required and takes 2 bikes in some style. You might be able to marry this system up with roof bars and accommodate 4 (potentially 6) bikes on the one car. May need to off set the roof mounted carriers a little. 

I'm penciled in to ride at Drumlanrig with Heather (short course only), just for the hell of it. Hopefully catch up  some of you then.

Cheers