A fresh ThreAD

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys

After the very unfortunate events of the last Arran trip I wondered if there was an appetite to rekindle the DA fire. Perhaps it should be viewed in a new light - the DArryl tribute challenge. Or perhaps it should just get put to bed until DArryl is there to leAD the line again. But not that fast on that corner !

Wondered about SaturDAy 25th June.

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well lADs, looks like we lost some horsepower with Alan's amnesia, so wondered who was up for this. At this stage weather looks like it could be quite good, but watch this space as always.

Either way I am up for a gid grind somewhere on SaturDAy, whether it be Arran or the crazy Golf ball we did at this time last year !

Look on the positive, a team of 5 or so might be more 'manageable' on the twisty roads.

Ohyadancer!

• Committee

Hope you have a good ride anyway.

If you are planning a clockwise DA:

Here's a Word doc with the times needed to reach waypoints in order to get the afternoon ferry. Cut out and tape on your top tube. Assuming you start at 0800 then you need to be at the north Ross junction by 0815, south junction by 0859 and so on. This assumes you get to lunch ferry by 1346, ie 9 minutes to spare. It assumes 5 minute bench stop. There is absolutely nowhere else to cut any time! I have checked these times against several fast SAs and they have been endorsed by the UCI as well as ASO.

A=Abandon option. If you can't reach the String or Machrie junctions within these times then you will not get round and should turn right up the String in shame. Paul wanted this option erased but I think it gives added spice.

I would get out more but the doctors say I first need to stop showing strangers my Strava feeds.

• 2023 Subscriptions

My form seems to have collapsed just in time for Saturday :(

Will we need another stash point if doing it anti-clockwise? Going to lose a bit of time going up to the bench at the start plus lose time slowing down to stop on the descent. Might only be a couple of minutes but when the margins are tight

After last night's chat on putting off the DA any concensus? Saturday looks sunshine and showers with very light winds (thats as good as it gets this weekend!). I'm up for golf ball, or C11 or something of that ilk, but given we would have been at Addrossan for 0640ish if we're meeting at clubrooms how about an early start? 0800 or so.