North Side Attack & Retreat Sunday 8th

I refuse to get out my pit at 06.30 on a Sunday morning to be in Johnstone for 08.15. Don't mind a 09.00 start from Miller Street.

Might drive to Milton of Campsie and meet the bunch en route from Strathblane or fro the top of the Kyber - I assume you'll be doing the usual route -, do the Crow and Tak bit (repeated if necessary) then do my own thing - Aberfoyle (Duke's), Callander back thru Thornhill, Fintry and finish with the Crow from the North before coffeeand cake and the drive home, or a variation thereof. Room for 1 additional bike on the rack for anyone else wanting to do the Dukes etc.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Mark

Suit yourself but early start means we get back before dark , route likely kyber crow Tak then straight back over talk then back to the crow or some variation of

It doesn't get dark until 20.30 now it's May. Unless of course you intend taking soooo loooong to get up the climbs, William

I'll assume the bunch will descend into Strathblane and head for Lennoxtown and do the Crow from the south first. If so I'd aim to meet up somewhere between Wheelcraft and the Kyber. Don't worry if you miss me on the road I'll be in the area in any case.

I said Milton of Campsie in previous post I actually meant Clachan of Campsie, a la Wheelcraft, just to avoid confusion.

Darryl/Iain,

Aim to be out Saturday morning for a Stewarton/Fenwick/Eaglesham both ways hilly route. Rough route in mind. 40 ish miles and never more than 20 from Paisley area. Steady pace to save legs for Sunday. Kind of an extended Sewing Bee without the hanging in bit in the tail. Say 09.00 at entrance to Routenglen Park suit you. First climb is up the hill from Speirsbridge onto the Stewarton Road. Road should still be fairly quiet at that hour.

M

• Members

Hi Mark, think I may be doing Arran on Saturday, just waiting to hear and if things change I will let you know.

Take it everyone knows McGinty had a bad crash at begining of the week? Hit by a car but he's okay with no major damage. just letting you all know buy sounds like a lucky guy to wealk away from it