Arran...Again

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alex, you can expect to get the 1105 ferry back after one lap challenge which is back in Ardrossan 1155. Worse case if you puncture or that you can get 1230 ferry back 1325. Great if you can make it, understand if not. Enjoy sportive :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

We have an perfect posse size

Ian mcJan

Ian Arch

Alan McB

Darryl

Paul McD

Mibeez Chas

Mibeez dark horse Alan (yes we would like a hand, especially from one of the original pioneers of the single challenge, remember that one many years ago with Davie B and Fergus)

Any one want to team up at my house company would be welcome. I plan to leave about 0600 so I have time to spin a small gear for 15 mins before ferry. This is cunning plan to address the long drag straight off the ferry then the Ross after about 5 miles

A short word on domestics without telling me granny how to suck eggs. If you fancy the double then previously we stashed a poly bag about 200m up the hill from ferry with additional bottles and grub. A 5 min max stop is permitted to reload food and drink and unload liquid behind a tree if reqd. There is NOT unfortunately time for a shop stop. However when you get back to boat the full Bhoona mash, 3 bangers and beans goes down a treat.

Briefing on ferry on how to install a motor in your frame from Jan.

• Committee

Hi, previous timetables only allowed about 150 mins for a lap but we now seem to have almost 3 hours for one lap and 6 hours for two. Still hard work but nowhere near as challenging. Are we going round the far south for extra pain or have I missed something? Fairly academic question because tomorrow i will be mainly sucking wheels from the off.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Dark horse Alan

You must be getting old there is zero change to timetable, believe me I have studied it in great detail for many years.

Sorry but cannot manage winter bike and two race bikes with 3 bodies in car so maybe just see you down there.

For the data junkies,

1 FULL lap of 56 miles. Arrive 0755 depart 1105. Effective ride time 0805 to 1055 and that is tight. Average required 19.76 mph.

For one lap of 50 miles ( short cut over Ross) average required 17.64mph.

For 2 laps of 50 miles. Arrive 0755 depart 1350. Effective ride time 0805 to 1340 tight plus 5 min stop. Average required 18.18mph. This is the proposed option tomorrow.

Last year the challenge of one full lap of 56 and one shorter lap of 50 was done between 0755 and 1350. This was 106 miles and the average was 19.27mph. Frankly this was a near death experience but one I would attempt again if there was a body of fine men willing to flog themselves with me hinging on.

:)

• Committee

yup, you are absolutely correct, my memory was playing tricks. I have just checked last year's attempt and gulping.

Unfortunately I was temporarily so relieved by my rubbish arithmetic that I poured a fourth glass of wine but now in garage with black coffee looking at kit.

See you 0640.