Battle of the braes cat 3/4 race

Colin McPhee

Good race circuit with only one climb up the braes so was feeling quite confident. started well keeping the early attacks at bay and closing down gaps. Was growing in confidence As the race progressed but at the 25 mile mark there was a touch of wheels I. Front on the left due to a great deal of speeding up and slowing of the bunch and two riders clattered down I went right to avoid the inevitable and just about avoided the guys veering away from the two riders in front but just caught the wheel of the guy in front. No major damage to bike or me but frustrated as wA going well. Small hole in skin suit and brake lever slightly damaged but finished the race anyway.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tough deal Colin, console yourself with the fact you are going very well right now :)

btw if you were practicing holding position near the front of bunch on Tuesday night after Kilmalcolm when it is a bit like a road race then you were doing a good job of it.

• 2 weeks later...