Isle of Cumbrae TT - 21 June 2015

carol cowan

• 2 months later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Planning to cycle down to Largs, do the event, take on some refreshment then get the train home. Unless the weather is awful. Depart clubhouse at 08.00 for a leisurely spin down the track to Kilbirnie. Anyone else?

• 2023 Subscriptions

I think you can Alan, but Ian Loughran who runs it would ideally appreciate a phone call to enter... it makes it much easier for him to plan things.... I'm gonna enter both ....

Ian's number is 01475 705117...

• 2023 Subscriptions

Karen, was planning to cycle down, but a change of plan mean's I'll be driving to Largs. If you leave the clubrooms at 8, that will give you loads of time to get to the 10:00 ferry.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Karen , We are driving down  for the 10am ferry, The quickest route is to Kilbirnie and then down the Haylie Brae. Tickets are bought at the ticket office next 

to the slipway.

There is no other outlet for this ferry as far as I know. Would be good to see you supporting and you might even consider entering on the day. Carol 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cycle track to Lochwinnoch, then Kilbirnie, and it's on the road to Largs from there. Like Carol said, tickets at the ferry terminal.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good day out for Johnstone, with Ian Couttie, Ian McGinty, Carol Cowan, Alan McBride and Hamish McLaren all picking up prizes in their groups, and with the hill climb still to come.

Conditions were cool and breezy with occasional passing showers. The wind was kind of behind or across us for the first 6 and a bit miles, then it was in our faces on the final couple of drags and into the town to the finish, and that was tough.

In spite of the weather, it's still a good event. Highly recommended.