Main Bunch 18th May - Kilcreggan

Paul C

Guest George

I was going to come out but it wouldn't be the same without Charlie.

Anything with Glen in it strikes fear into me at the mo purely down to my lack of fitness.

Even Glen Medeiros.

I still have a soft spot for Glen Michael though :)

Travelled with the intameejits as far as the bridge then 5 of us (Ian McG, Chung, Alan Greg and me) set off North. As we approached Helensburgh heavy rain started so decision was made to head up Sinclair st to Balloch.

At the roundabout before Loch Lomond Alan's front wheel away and the bike went down but he managed to unclip and jump off in time thus avoiding injury.

The bike was given a full inspection by the Chief Mechanic (Chung) and was declared fit for use.

Ian went to the the lav in the cafe, slipped on the floor and went down heavily on his back. He managed to cycle back to Bishy but was in some pain.

I did an extra loop on the way back via Linwood/Elderslie to get the mileage up to 70 miles.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Bit of a wash out today, but alans crash/slide save, by jumping off the bike and running, was truly spectacular! I have never and probably will never see anything that good! Haha

Hope the backs ok ian, was a bit of a nasty spill! :s

Greg

• Life Members

Despite the early rain, it was still an enjoyable run nonetheless!

The stunt Big Alan pulled was amazing, even though his bike slid away underneath him, he somehow manage to unclip and jumped off and ran onto the grass verge without thinking. I give him 10 out of 10! :-)

I eventually got the sun on my back as soon as I reach Clydebank, a detour through leafy westend then home gave me 110km. Not bad considering I was going stay in bed this morning for a long ly-in!

Thanks for the wheels and company chaps!

Cheers

Chung