Club Kit Design - Open evening 7.30 pm Friday 31/1/14

Mark O

Ok I have a minimum of 5 I will request for skinsuits to be placed on the club store. I don't want to complicate matters any more than is required as we do require to hit a minimum of 5 pcs for the initial order, thereafter there are no quantity minimums. If I request long sleeve s/suits would that satisfy all - if necessary a good tailor could make the alteration to short sleeve for a couple of quid. If there is demand enough for 5 each, l/s & s/s, I'll request both but I need to know by tomorrow morning (08.30). I will go on the basis of what's in front of me at that time and no exceptions on this.

THIS BIT IS IMPORTANT!!!!!! DON'T SAY YES, YOU WANT ONE AND THEN NOT BOTHER ORDERING AS THIS MAY PREVENT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS FROM GETTING ONE THIS TIME AROUND. IF WE DON'T MEET THE MINIMUM OF 5 PCS PER ITEM I.E. 5 S/S & 5 l/S SKINSUITS THEN THAT ITEM NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN THE INITIAL ORDER.

• Members

That looks like three for long and three for short. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm only interested in a short-sleeved skinsuit, so I won't be ordering a long-sleeved one if that's the way the decision goes. Paying the best part of a hundred quid for a skinsuit then shelling out another £15 and holding my breath while an alterations shop tests out their skills on Lyrca isn't an option. There's still enough of you to meet the minimum order without me. Sorry. Ta anyway.

I'll ask the question if l/s and s/s skinsuits can be treated as a single item but dont get your hopes up. I guess the minimum item quantities are tie in with the business profile and producing any less than 5 as an initial order of any item isn't profitable once you take in design and template construction.

if the answer is no, they are separate items, I'll add l/s skinsuits to the list for now and leave people to decide if they want to alter them. Remember we need a minimum of 5 or it doesnt get produced.

Amazing how a unmistakeable request for no inane chat results in inane chat. Just amazing.

Richard you have got to relax. Ive trusted my tailor with items costing well over £200 and been delighted with the out come. Chopping and rehemming lycra wouldnt test the skills of a competent seamstress. Ive seen the former Mrs O'Neill rip out a £600 kilt and put it back together.....and a bespoke item suits a gentleman of your standing.

I have requested for long sleeved skin suits to go on the club store at this time. This gives those wishing to to have their sleeves chopped to suit. If there is demand 5 or more for short sleeve skin suits then I will ask for this item to be added later on the year.

Please note that if less than 5 long sleeve s/suits are ordered Pactimo will not supply the item. This minimum only applies to initial item orders. Reorders have no minimum.

Mark

I think additional pressure should be placed on the company to relax this for skin suits

As I would not buy a long sleeve to get them cut to short sleeve and I can't see where the issues is the design is the same only difference is the length of sleve

If they don't change it we should not buy any from them

Billy,

No to point one, I've made a decision and am sticking to it. I don't think starting off on the wrong foot with a new sponsor is a good idea. Ultimately we need them more than they need us.

The long sleeve/short sleeve rules are Pactimo's I've asked the question and been told no. I can only think this will be due to production set up and the need to create of a pattern template for each. It's not a case of producing a long sleeve template and then shortening the sleeves post production. I do take your point that we could have been accomodated but sometimes you just have to accept how thngs pan out. It's a temporary issue any way. If there is demand to meet the 5 piece minimum then I will have the club store opened next month to allow short sleeve skinsuits to be ordered - one of the advantages of using the club store we can tailor opening it us to meet fluctuating demand. It's up to the members what they want on the store. If there is demand sufficent to allow an new item then we go with that. I did state way back I would select a basic range based on what response I got to a club kit thread pre Christmas.

Regards not buying any at all, well you are entitled to your opinion MacB I don't agree with it. What would that solve except people will have no skinsuit with new club livery. Cutting nose off to spite one's face is just daft, in my opinion.

Skinny

Mark, thanks for all the work you have put in on this.

My preference is for a long sleeve skinsuit, however, I'm prepared to take a short sleeve if not doing so means I don't get a skinsuit at all in the first order.

So put me down for whatever just so long as we get 5 in the order.

My reason for this is that I'll likely wear my skinsuit more than my club jersey this year.

Cheers

George.