Sunday 15th December - Reverse Coast

Mark O

Good big bunch out today-good to see Charlie back in the body of the Kirk.

Cracking tailwind along the coast but, by the beard of Zeus, that Georgetown was grim.

Even "day-glo-Bill" got pumped out at that point.

Mr O'Neill is back to his unbearable best, judging by the manner in which he belted along.

Good craic.

Y

Most likely the best fun I've had on a bike in ages. Good sized bunch with Charlie back in the mix and going well, belter of a tailwind up the coast, some good craic all day and MacB going pop on the Georgetown -one to treasure coach.

This training malarky seems to be working certainly helped into the light breeze in run into Johnstone. Hope everyone got home safe as things became a little dispersed as the wind picked up.

• Life Members

Thanks to everyone for letting me hide at the back along the Westferry, the headwind was just horrible & my legs were buckling!

Apologies to Andrew for pacing me back to the bunch but then going up the hill into Bishopton I seem to have lost you as I tried to chase back onto the group. I hope you got home ok?

Colin's sprint into Bishy just about killed me, had no choice but to let go & thankfully Ian (JanUllich) dragged me through the headwind to Renfrew where I said farewell and headed home with still 20 odd KM to go till home. Did I say it was windy?

Got home totally knackered, but with 130k on the clock - happy!

Hope everyone got home safely!

P.S I think the fact we had a big bunch (I counted 17 at one point) out today made the windy situation just a bit more bearable!

See you all next sunday!

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Very good run out today, but blew up just after the turn into Greenock. Managed to grind out Georgetown (just) in double figures, but sore all over. Not sure if I'll manage a turbo session tomorrow.

MacB, I realise there are tenuous mitigation to be considered. But to be fair it was an uplifting experience to see Charlie go back to get you. I'm sure I heard laughing on the wind.

Still a good day and proof that your training program is paying off (for me anyway).

• 2023 Subscriptions

Glad to see that a few others found the run hard. Got back to Paisley via Brisbane Glen and the Strone, then the track from KilmColm. Was almost at a standstill coming downhill into the wind off the top above Greenock. Must try harder to stick with the bunch next time.