Full club Christmas social run

Mark O

Anyone interested in another full club social run around Christmas. A chance to work off a few mince pies and escape another snog under the mistletoe from your great Aunt Ethel. I have Friday the 28th in mind, but am flexible regards the date and of course this will be weather dependant.

I'm thinking 50 miles clubroom to clubroom. No cafe stop but perhaps a festive cuppa and some Christmas leftovers at the clubrooms - donations welcome. Details to follow if there's enough interest.

M

• 2 weeks later...

Friday's festive foray is on assuming the conditions allow - no ice and not a total wash out. I haven't given a route much thought but will post one up. As its a social I'll aim to keep the route fairly flattish and around 40 - 50 miles (clubrooms to clubrooms). Suggestions welcome. I had thought about tea and coffee and left over Christmas goodies at Miller Street but think this might prove too much on the logistics front. An alternative end of run coffee stop can be considered.

Depart is 9.30 at Miller Street

M

If its sufficiently grim that PMcD is looking at Thursday for a ride then it sounds GRIM!!!!, we'll shelve it until the new Year if necessary. I'll post up a GO/NO GO on Thursday evening based on the forecast.

Slower social pace for the faster boys will probably mean these guys will get cold(er) if its wet and windy and if they have to wait on any climbs. Also the weaker riders are likely to get dropped into the wind. No offence intended in any way towards these particular guys and girls but dropping people does kind of defeats the purpose of a social run.

The route was going to take in the track to Kilbirnie then out towards Dalry (Blair Rd) and Kilwinning over to Stewarton and back to Miller Street via Dunlop, Luggie and the Bowfield. Country lanes mostly.

M