Sunday 10

Guest EPCC

Decent sized bunch out today on a cold but dry day

Very steady pace all the way to Largs after the bagel basket we tried for the Brisbane glen however after three miles we found out that it hadn't so traced our steps back then carried round the coast circa 75 miles

Good run today. I'll translate Billy for you :) .....went for Brisbane Glen but black ice saw Colin, Hugh and Alan (?) go down so it was back down for the coast instead. No injuries and no damage to any bikes. Good pace...for me anyway...from Largs back towards home where we all went our separate ways. The cycle path was turning cold in the shade again so good to get home. 90 on the clock from me and John. I had a pretty lucky day. On the way to the clubrooms I hit ice, foot out but stayed up. When the others went down, same again and nearing Johnstone, a drop in pace saw me nearly go into Billy...mud or something made my brakes under perform...went off the road but kept upright, felt it happening again so foot out and chose to steer into the thankfully high banking! :) Cheers

Had my doubts about the under wheel conditions as I set off this morning but too nice a day to waste. Had a minor spill on way over to clubrooms but no harm done. Really great views of Arran from the top of fairly moor was the highlight today. Really thought any ice would have cleared from the Brisbane Glen road as we went up but was taken unawares by that patch of invisible black ice hope I didn't cause Hugh to come off behind me. Still a good 70 miles in the bank to round off week one of winter training. :icon_yes