Sunday 3 November

Guest EPCC

1st weekend in November hmm anyone up for ........Troon, as a last hurrah before the bagel basket express kicks in for the winter.

Clubrooms 09.00, steady pace. Bowfield, Lugton, Stewarton, Irvine and Troon (Venice Cafe) return via Dundonald, Crosshouse, Kilmarnock, Kilmaurs Fenwick, Stewarton and back to Miller Street.

A little rolling but no climbs of note other than the Bowfield. Who's in?

Thanks to those who waited this morning/sorry for holding you back.

Mrs D dutifully picked me up but getting her to me was a bit of a carry on.

This was due to:

A) my poor directions

B) her poor interpretation of my directions

C) poor/intermittent phone reception

D) the wind making it sound like I was calling from a ridge on K2

Combination of the above led to me shouting down the phone & her shouting back that she couldn't hear me followed by a pause then us shouting over each other followed by another pause then the call cutting out.

Of course, we then called each other back at the same time, time and again.

Then I would get the "searching for signal" message.

So I ended up waiting nearly an hour to be picked up, by which time I was truly frozen & miserable.

Guess what?

That's right, she had left all sorts of junk in the boot AND brought the DOG with her!

Much faffing & mumbling & under the breath cursing ensued followed by a stony silence on the way home.

I'm away to bed to defrost.

Bike still in boot.

Harrumph. :(

• 2023 Subscriptions

thanks on behalf of the Jets for letting us tag along for the first bit. We had a spin down to Kilwinning via Dunlop and Torranyard, and then a cafe stop at Castle Semple on the way home. almost dry all the way, although we could see some angry looking clouds down the coast.

Cheers chaps. Peeled off at Kilmaurs on way home to get Mark back to do his homework. Ended up into the wind to Stewarton, Dunlop, Barrmill, Beith and back to Lochwinnoch. Both suitably knackered. Great way to spend the early part of a Sunday. Thanks one and all. By the way, great scrambled egg bap in Troon. Fine choice of cafe.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thoroughly enjoyable run in better than expected conditions. Ended up clocking 73.5 miles, and raided the jelly babies several times to get back. Thanks for the company everyone.

Ritchie there was a splash of rain as we hit Irvine - not even worth stopping for rain jackets. Pretty good run and sunshine on the way back. Len I claim responsibility for introducing the Joansin to the delights of the Venice Cafe. Charlie was sold on the size of the scones at his first visit and its been a regular watering hole since.

Scrambled egg roll hit the spot today no mistake.

Ritchie there was a splash of rain as we hit Irvine - not even worth stopping for rain jackets. Pretty good run and sunshine on the way back. Len I claim responsibility for introducing the Joansin to the delights of the Venice Cafe. Charlie was sold on the size of the scones at his first visit and its been a regular watering hole since.

Scrambled egg roll hit the spot today no mistake.

Felt like more......besides, you're taking away from our hardness factor :)