Rescheduled End of season full club ride - 20th Oct 2013 (someone buy Mark a calendar please)

Mark O

• Life Members

Alan,

You're right, the weather for Sunday don't look all that good!

However, it should still be fine for a wee run providing you've got mudguards on your bike (which I'm sure you have anyway) & proper water proof clothing.

Rain proof breathable jacket (GoreTex etc.) will no doubt be great in situation like this.

Over shoes - neoprene ones will be water proof to a certain extent, but even when wet it'll act like a wet suit & should keep you a bit warm at least.

I would highly recommend wearing a cycling cap with a wee peak under your helmet to keep the sprays off you face and particular your eyes, when you're following wheels - a must in my view when cycling in the wet weather!

As for your hands, well.......I'm still looking for that Holy Grail - a pair of fashionable cycling gloves that looks half decent. Best one I've seem was when our own Tony C came out on a wet Sunday with a pair of "Marygold"........ pure class ;-)

Hope that helps, Alan!

Hope to see you on Sunday, It's not really that bad cycling in the rain Alan!

Now, where's my scuba gear and my deep sea diving brass helmet just incase you decide to aim for my heed again.....!

Cheers

Billys rite lol!!! Havnt a clue thot it was a scrape

Then as a was cleanin the bike gave it a more

Thourough inspection put some pressure on it

To c if it would open up and it did,over 2grand o

Bike and thats what happens,think they test these bikes in carpeted warehouses and not open rds

Al never invest that money like that again,just a waiting game now between winstanley bikes and cube ! :-(:-(:-(

Ok, based on the responses we have 8 Main Bunchers, 8 Intermediates and apparently only 1 from the anti social 30 Milers (Greg has clearly been scaring them all with his horror stories of the one time he rode with the big bad ugly main bunchers)

That being the case and in the expectation that there will be a few no shows we'll go with a single bunch of circa 16. This should be a manageable size grouping. If more show up then we'll deal with it at the time. Jets - you need a responsible adult with you.

Departure is 09.00 from Miller Street. Destination Largs and the Bagel Basket.

Remember, this is a social run at a steady pace. A chance to ride with club mate you don't normally ride with, a chance to experience riding in a different bunch and for the exchange of wisdom (poor choice of words I'm sure) from the more experienced rider to the less so.

M