May 25

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chatting with Paul, Al and Colin on Saturday I said I'd post a ride on Saturday morning heading out to reccie the WOSCA May 26 route. Anybody fancy it even if you're not racing wecome 9am Miller St

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Intention is to do lap of race circuit which is Barrhead dams, B road to Stewarton, left over Clunch road to old A77, then left to Newton Mearns then back across to Barrhead dams. 17 mile circuit. 10 mile run out from Johnstone approx.

Andy/Paul,

I'd usually go up the A77 to the Malletsheugh before turning for Stewarton via the dams. Can meet you en route if you like, Barrhead? say the roundabout where Main St, Darnley Road and Aurs Road meet (Google it). What time gents?

For those racing, some sections of the dams road has been resurfaced recently and is smoooottthhh! Still plenty of rumbly bits for those who like their fillings loose.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Davie

I'll be passing loch at 0835 hrs. On a strictly recovery ride after two eyeballs out sessions with the bogs bunch this week. I will probably only go half way round race circuit as I have rowing event in the afternoon (spectator!)

Ohyadancer!

• 2024 Subscriptions

Enjoyed the run now in two minds to race or not

Struggled breathing on some of the gentile paced climbs hoping it will pass by tomorrow

Hope you are OK Billy. If you decide not to race, come out with the bunch. It won't be fast, just steady ;)

The mearns - stewarton - Fenwick - mearns route taking in the A77 is usually crawling with cyclists on a Saturday morning. Good route, and if you can add in the eaglesham moor road as a testing wee climb, the reward is a brill descent into the village. Southside cyclist mecca. We should do it more often.

M