Main bunch June 2

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

Darryl

8am start would suit me. Really looking forward to 85 odd miles of being Billy's domestique but it'd be good to get home around 2 for my other domestique duties

Andy

Billy

We're off to look at a house tomorrow afternoon so need to be back early afternoon. Sorry I can't be your domestique tomorrow!

Hope youse have a grand day, excellent route and good weather!

Andy

• 2024 Subscriptions

Smashing ride today with a good turn out: Darryl, Greg, Paul C, Chung, Billy, Hugh, John, Alan, Ian C, Tom, Fergus, and Ian Mcginty as far as Dunblane. Later on we joined up with Al and Campbell. Great weather for climbing, Selected highlights: Kyber Pass, Tak Me Doon, and The Crow Road. More of this please!

• Life Members

Good summary of the ride today, Darryl, I couldn't agree more!

Just like to add that the 6 of us - Al, Campbell, Alan Fox, John, Hugh & myself who weren't that push for time went for a wee detour after following the original intended route. The extra miles took us - after we departed from the rest in Strathblane - to Cuilt Brae, Queens View, Croftamie, Cycle route 7, Bonhill, Dumbarton, Bridge then Al, Hugh & myself stayed on the North side to carry on home to the South side of Glasgow!

For me coming back up the A77 Ayr Road solo was murder with a strong head wind slowing me down big time. My legs are totally knackered & I'm stuffing my face now, but with 104 miles in the Garmin I'm well chuffed! Second Century ride in 3 weeks, no bad then for me! But I imagine John will have raked up more when he gets home!

Great to see a big Joansin bunch today and tons of other cyclist on the road, happy days!

Thanks for everyone for the company & wheels to follow today!

Same again next Sunday please! ;-)

Cheers

Chung

fantastic day today three factors company,weather, and cafe a totally stuffed

ma face lol! glad al and campbell joined us at cafe after our slight hiccup at bridge! nice climbs respect to the tak u wouldnt think u could get such a persistant hill,no major mech issues except greg,get the wheels frm billy there a must,billy a cheque in post will b fine cheers :-) ended the day with 115mls most av ever recorded since a started cyclin so chuffed way that,o and nice bit o banter frm al and billy at cafe today it added to the atmophere amongst the troops and keeps things not to serious

cheers john

• 2023 Subscriptions

had a good run today, two highlights,1 paul asking an old dear if she still did a bit of cycling, only to be told yes i have just cycled across america,pefect put down, second was at the end of the gergetown,my legs were dead and spotted a horse stuck in the bushes, it had bolted with the girl and slipped on the road and shot into the bushes side on.i was there for about half an hour, just time to get my legs going again.

iain

• Life Members

Billy,

Have you got a PayPal account? It usually depends on how quick the buyer pays you!

Good luck on your track bike sale! Do you know if the velodrome have a message board or something? You could try selling it through there as its the right catchment for protential buyers.

Cheers

Chung

Yes a great bunch run today - or so they told me when I caught them at the cafe after 60 miles ! After they rode off from the bridge without me I took a bit of a detour and missed the Khyber , heading straight into Milngavie and up the climb beside the reservoir. Was so quick I got to the top of Mugdock before them but , not knowing that , I headed into Strathblane and along the glen. Bumped into Gerry from the MTB club and we did the Tak and the North Third loop before rejoining the Carron valley road where we met Campbell. Climbed the Crow and eventually rejoined the bunch at the cafe at Campsie Glen.

Nice route back via Cuilt and Queens View climbs. A real old school club run - looks like it was a hit. Ayrshire Alps on Sat but more of same for Sun.