Main bunch June 2

Guest EPCC

• 2024 Subscriptions

Guys

I'm up for this but I would like to ask if people would mind am earlier start, say 8.30 or even 8. If folk don't want an early start then that's ok. It's just that 80+ miles will take 6 hours easily with a stop. Getting home at 2 is just about acceptable for me, but any later won't go down too well. I'm proposing an 8 am start from Miller street. Please post if that's ok or not.

Cheers

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Folks,

I can't do 8am, it's too early for me! I've still got to cycle over to the clubroom from Mearns, best I can do is 8.30am!

Cheers

Chung

Come on Chungster, get out yer kip half an hour earlier to stop Darryl's Mrs giving him a doing.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Thanks for the replies Guys. I appreciate that you have further to come Chung and so an early start means a very early start for you. I I wonder if it may be possible for you to meet us en route rather than cycling all the way to the clubrooms? Could that save time perhaps? Or would it be possible for you to drive to the bridge and meet us there? These are only suggestions. If they are no good, then I'll still come along for part of the ride at least Ohyadancer!

Cheers

Darryl

Sympathise with Chung on this one. 8am start from Miller Street means a 7 bells depart from Carmunnock. That's as 6ish rise on a sunday morning - just not a civilised hour for the sabbath. If I'm there I'm there. If not I'll be in my pit and will venture out later in the morning which isn't a problem, so go with the majority on this one guys.

I might ride out and meet the bunch at the cafe stop.

Couttie - eat breakfast, eat and drink in the saddle - little and often, well before the climbs and at the regroup at the top, ride efficiently and conserve energy whenever you can. Don't go for broke at the start just because you feel good. adopt a measured approach to the day. Aim to have something in reserve. Do this and you shouldn't hit the wall at Lennoxtown.

M

M

• Life Members

Folks & Darryl,

That's fine if 8.00am start seems to be preferred by most. I'll make alternative arrangements for this Sunday, that's quite alright!

Mark's reasons is exactly my predicament too, when I get up for these sunday runs I tend to wake the whole family up too. It's only fair that I let them (me too) sleep a bit longer on the Sundays. I suppose it'll be different if we're traveling to far away cycling destinations for an early start.

Iain, I use to "bonk"/"knock" etc quite often on the bike - especially on longer rides. But I learned my lessons and just made sure I did all the points Mark mentioned, and it's worked for me. So, I'm sure that'll sort your issue out.

Anyhow, have a good one chaps & hope the good weather continuous!

Cheers

Chung

• 2024 Subscriptions

Guys

It aint my intention to disrupt the bunch and I certainly do not want to force anyone to miss the run. So, if my suggestion means Mark and Chung are not able to come then forget my suggestion. It is not reasonable to expect the bunch to change to accomodate me.

Rather than forcing Chung and Mark to make other arrangements it's probably best to stick with the original time and I'll either fit in somehow or make may own arrangements. :grin:

Cheers

Guys go with your 08.00 depart. I was a maybes aye, maybes no in any case. Chung appears not to be unduly concerned and I'm in that boat too. Darryl don't think your forcing anyone to anything, your request was reasonable in the circumstances and most of those intending to ride were happy with it - no problem there as far as I'm concerned. I'll probably ride out to meet you guys at Clachan of Campsie and ride back in with the bunch to Miller Street just for the hell of it.

Executive decision for the avoidance of doubt - Miller St depart 08.00.

M

Guest EPCC

Paul

There is no normal time we should try and accommodate all its a one off and to be fair an earlier start on a longish run is ok

So what time ? why don't we go with 0830 as a compromise

Daryl I will miss the cafe stop and ride back with you if it helps

• 2024 Subscriptions

Sorry, Darryl, I don't see why we have to change the normal time for you and give other guys a problem.

I prefer 09:00. I don't want to get up at 06:20. I have 25 min ride to the club.

Hi Paul

I agree. I wasn't saying that anyone has to do anything, I was merely asking if it was something that the bunch could accommodate. It seems that quite a few people would actually prefer the earlier start, but as I explained in my previous email, I do not want to rock the boat. If anyone objects then I will make my own arrangements. As Billy says, 8.30 would be a compromise. Could you manage that? If so, then perhaps we can all ride out together.

Cheers

• Life Members

Billy & all,

I'll try to get to the clubroom for 8.30am, but I might struggle & if I'm not there don't wait, I'll try and catch you either end of Georgetown road or the bridge if I'm not at Miller Street!

Hope the good weather stays with us! Looking forward for a good turn out for this one!

Cheers

Chung