Christmas Nicht Oot

Mark O

Is there any appetite (pun intended) for a bit of a christmas get the gither. I'm not talking an "oh the main bunch is going there and the 30 milers might do this" type debacle. I'm suggesting either in the lead up to, or in between Christmas and New Year a general gathering of all suitably aged members of all the various strands of the club meeting in Glasgow for a few beers, a bite to eat (if so desired) and a bit of a social.

I'm sure we have all got the usual office gigs and other things going on but I thought it might be worth canvassing opinion. So, on the basis that any such evening would be a loose arrangement with no set agenda or program of events, who would fancies it.

Post up if you're in, fancy a sit down meal or just a few beers of an evening and a rough guide as to dates that suit.

M

Ok 8 official respondees (George, Alan F, Mul, Kenny S, Paul McD, Darryl, Davie B, Ian McG) + a handful of affirmatives yesterday from the main bunch - Tom, Charlie, MacBagel presumably. I'm guessing at the likelihood of 12-15 bodies at the moment. Any more? I could do with a response from you shy retiring types if you are interested, before I start considering if a bite to eat is doable or not, given the time of year.

For purely practical reasons the book will remain open until mid week - 9pm Wednesday. I'll go with the numbers at that time and if food is desired I'll see what's available and report back accordingly for a quick aye or naw on date/venue. If your name doesn't feature here I'll have to assume your don't wish to come along. Sorry for being so black and white but needs must.

Cheers

M

Ok, we have a total of 17 names in the frame. It is, based on a few calls today, practically impossible to get a table in town for that number in the remaining weekends before Christmas. I am therefore making the suggestion that we go for the either Friday 28th, Saturday 29th or Sunday 30th if people want a sit down meal.

If its just a few social drinks then the pressure is off for a specific date. Saturday the 15th would be doable, the following weekend the town will be jumping it being the last weekend before Christmas.

Question - food on one of the suggested dates or drinks on the 15th. A majority rules. Close of vote Sunday midnight. If no response then no right to moan later.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ok, we have a total of 17 names in the frame. It is, based on a few calls today, practically impossible to get a table in town for that number in the remaining weekends before Christmas. I am therefore making the suggestion that we go for the either Friday 28th, Saturday 29th or Sunday 30th if people want a sit down meal.

If its just a few social drinks then the pressure is off for a specific date. Saturday the 15th would be doable, the following weekend the town will be jumping it being the last weekend before Christmas.

Question - food on one of the suggested dates or drinks on the 15th. A majority rules. Close of vote Sunday midnight. If no response then no right to moan later.

M

Hi Mark

Thanks for organising and sorry to be joining late. Saturdays generally not good for me so 15th would be out for me. If you decide to go for a sit down on the 28th that'd be great. Cheers

Andy