Glen Fruin Run Sunday 10th June

chung

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Life Members

Apologies to everyone that turned up at the club room this morning for my absence in the run. I'm not feeling too good with a bad cough & fever which start yesterday.

Since it was me who posted the run, it was only right that i deal with my no show situation & face the music from disgruntled fellow Wheelers i.e Big George. So I drove down to the club room with a map to explain the route posted to Charlie & co. I also text Richard who had done the route before just to make sure.

Quite a big turnout this morning along with the 30 milers given that the weather forecast isn't favourable, hope you guys have good one & it stays dry for the rest of the day.

Cheers

P.S I got your text Paul!

• Life Members

Sorry to hear about all the machanical mishaps chaps, its one of those days I suppose.

I hope everyone got home safely, especially young Mulholland, Dominic & Hugh!

Let's hope the weather gets much enter soon!

P.S How does Richie's new bike look? Hello, beer !!

Cheers

Horrible. Not able to feel my toes. In JUNE.

Think it was 6 punctures in all.

Soup was good though.

Chung-I forgive you :grin:

I preferred Richie's old bike ;-)

It has only started raining here in Garnockside land in the last 10 minutes or so. The track was bone dry and people were wearing shorts and t-shirts. The look on their faces when they saw me towing that rain cloud which had been hanging around all day was priceless!!!!

Anyway, it was wet, in June, in Scotland, while we were out getting miles in - no surprise. In hindsight I'll take rain over midges any day. 101 miles on the clock so a good long run with a decent lunch stop no real complaints.

Well done Hugh and Dom for hanging in there all day. Good effort lads.

M

Dont want to sound like a broken record re pace the main bunch ride should result in sore legs if it dosent we aint riding hard enough

Though on a serious note we should have progression thirty milers on to social ride then on to main bunch anti social ride

just a wee note it is your own responsibility to ensure you have a reasonable fitnesss for the group you ride in

That dosnt mean you will get dropped but pace should be harder in the main bunch and you may need to skip turns i think the 3 groups work and give options but we should avoid all the groups being the same apart for length progression is the spice of life

Discuss :icon_comp_rage

No i wont just making a point we have managed to chase TC away with all this so lets not pretend main bunch should be harder faster than social which may be harder faster than thirty milers simple

On another point a couple of moonths ago a post requested routes for June July Aug how many was posted 00000000000000

Just hghlighting another point