Glen Fruin Run Sunday 10th June

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

Given that the Dalmally run is being re-scheduled & I'm not that keen on cycling around a circuit.

Therefore, I'm heading out to do what Billy originally proposed - going up the Glen Fruin climb!

But with a slight de-tour, the route I had in mind is:

Clubroom - Bridge - Helesborough - Kilcreggan - Up the un-name military road - back down - up Glen Fruin - Balloch - Bridge - Home

Possible cafe stop either at Kilcreggan or Balloch, estimate to be 70ish miles I think from clubroom.

Steady pace, re-group at top of climb is the order of the day.

Proposed start time at clubroom 9.00am.

Everyone welcome!

Cheers

P.S Richie, maybe the Crow road for next Sunday?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Life Members

Richard,

Sorry for the vague discription of the road. Stoooopid!

You definitely know it, remember the last time we did this run around Feburary where we meet those tri-athletes. It's the right hand turn on the roundabout after we continoued on after Kilgreggan. I think it's marked as "Coulport" on the map? It's a bit of a climb, remember?

For those meeting at the bridge, say 9.40am approx.

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

I should be out for this......

Ritchie wrote

Cheers John. Can't imagine it gets busy! It was just for a quick trip home to keep The Boss happy.

Maybe have to say there's no parking and I'll have to be longer

It gets really busy at the weekends to be fair, there"s plenty of parking in Bishopton, just a 2 mins ride to the bridge....

Cheers Ian

I'll be out. 9 bells at Miller St. Leaving the People's Republic of Garnockside 08.20. Can meet up with any others from this part of the world en route along the track.

Richie, if you're looking to get down the road earlier pedal faster!!!! :lol: Joking mate. Why don't you park up in Bishy or north of the bridge somewhere.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Evening all.

Can't make the run tomorrow as I'm at a coaching seminar, but will send my stunt double Lewis instead.

Charlie, what time are you leaving BoW? Maybe he could meet up with you for the run down to Miller Street?

M