drumlanrig

Guest George

• 2023 Subscriptions

George, I forgot about the contact lens stop!! - that explains the 4min55s lap on the Garmin!! The punctures were 20 minutes and 52 seconds.

That makes it 6hrs 18mins -20:52 -4:55=5hr54mins

Considering I felt miserable for a large part of the 2nd loop, I am pretty pleased with that. A big thanks to Ian for staying with me through that!!

Tom

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll echo those words of a great day out......... big thanks to Mr Cross for dragging me around the full 102 miles Hello, beer !! . I must admit it was a tad hilly for my fitness levels and its certainly the last time i'll be riding it with 39-25 set up, the climb to Wanlockhead just about killed me. :shock::smash

First ton done Oh ya dancer ! , now for another.......

Jody

Yep, a nice return to sunny Scotland. Temps not antipodean but at let we saw the sun - it was that big yellow thing.. Great effort from the bunch - I also heard a few comments about the JW train as I was packing up.

Just about hung on to Mark and Darryl up Mennock pass then a tough but fast blast back to the castle. I think I enjoyed it. Even better with temps in the 20's !

Good God Jody! A 39x25!!!!!! no wonder the Mennock Pass nearly did for you. I was riding a 39X27 as my insurance gear. Good effort to get round on that gear. Take a bow. Well done on your maiden century. Got to be please with that.

M

Good God Jody! A 39x25!!!!!! no wonder the Mennock Pass nearly did for you. I was riding a 39X27 as my insurance gear. Good effort to get round on that gear. Take a bow. Well done on your maiden century. Got to be please with that.

M

Thanks Mark I'm pretty pleased to have completed the full thing, last couple of miles in the morning I wasn't for doing the afternoon run but Richie convinced me otherwise. Well chuffed with the whole day but struggled to turn the pedals on the last drag up the Mennock pass :smash

All done and having a couple of Peroni's to celebrate.

Jody

Yip great day for the bike - really enjoyed the first 30 miles after the legs woke up managed to repair puncture

in about 5 mins just as I was adjusting to the well oiled machine which Mark is talking about

Kept you all going with the leg warmer routine. Lesson learned for me - never eat bread rolls at the feed stop

Never got going again but managed to work together with a couple of guys on the drag up to dalvern

So pleased with my time overall wish I was heading to Italy now.

Colin ;-)

A great ride! Lovely scenery when was able to lift my head and look at it!

Thanks to Chung for waiting for me 10 miles from end - he didn't want to sprint for he line so I did it anyway!

Bill - hope your injuries heal up quickly - sounded like a nasty tumble.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yip a day of two halves morning run was great the joansiin train was in full flow . Second half up mennock pass is when the mcskinnies did in me and mcbagel but once over the top me and mcbagel did a sterling tt to keep them within touching distance. We both completed in a respectable 5.37 so no need to do this event again hurrah. I am sticking to racing as it is only 50 miles

Chapeau to jody ( 39 x 25) brilliant effort and Billl hope you are on the mend

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tom wrote

George, I forgot about the contact lens stop!! - that explains the 4min55s lap on the Garmin!! The punctures were 20 minutes and 52 seconds.

That makes it 6hrs 18mins -20:52 -4:55=5hr54mins

Tom, what about call of nature stop at the last food stop in the morning, that must have been at least 7 or 8 mins ????

Thoroughly enjoyable day, legs still in bits Oh ya dancer !

Hope the injuries are well on the mend Bill.....

As my nearly teenaged daughter would say "go us!" - friendliest, most social bunch out there, and it appears we can ride bikes too. Oh ya dancer !

These are the guys I spoke to on Saturday. One of them said he had ridden down from Glasgow the previous day. He never mentioned it was part of a lejog/jogle ride.