Plean

Alan McLean

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was planning my cross debut tomorrow but...... after losing the front end of my cross bike on a leafy wooden bridge this morning, and my chest breaking my fall on the steerer tube, it may not be possible :-(

If unable to lift and carry bike in morning then there is the very acceptable alternative of the coast run :grin:

best of luck to hill climbers and cyclo crossers tomorrow if I don't see you there

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions
Was planning my cross debut tomorrow but...... after losing the front end of my cross bike on a leafy wooden bridge this morning, and my chest breaking my fall on the steerer tube, it may not be possible :-(

If unable to lift and carry bike in morning then there is the very acceptable alternative of the coast run :grin:

best of luck to hill climbers and cyclo crossers tomorrow if I don't see you there

Oh ya dancer !

ouch, heal quick

duncan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Shame you missed it Alan - it was a serious mudfest accordin to those who have done it before.

In the vets race there was Duncan, Mike, James, Martin and me. 118 riders I heard! What a blast - an excellent day for a first cross race.

Higlight of my day was when I got over excited on last lap, approached the planks a tad fast and did a prety good impersonation of the youtube guy that Martin pointed us to, the guy who somersaulted his body and his bike bike over the planks :grin: A stramash of arms, legs and wheels ensued in a muddy pile up.

Plugged on to the finish to finish who knows where in the field.

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Plean's new course was a muddiest today; hard going for my first bike ride in a few weeks. Expensive too, as I managed to rip the rear mech off a third of the way round the last lap. Tough jog to the finish :angryfire

Anyone got a campag mech and a gear hanger to fit a spesh?

Well done to P McD though. It certainly didnt look like his first cx race! The man is born to it Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

echo martin's comments, Paul was flying today, chapeau Oh ya dancer !

MUD MUD MUD :uzi

I carried on my 2012 head first roll over still clipped in, this time due to a foot slipping off a pedal, unable to clip in due to mud failure and foot driving into front wheel, painful and immediate stop :oops:A wee bit of help.

duncan

As said above a class performance from Mr McD.....in what was undoubtably a mudfest.

Fun day with some surreal moments.....

1. Doing a mud induced "track stand" complete with spinning pedals ...did anybody mention it was muddy!

2. Riding flat out whist people jogged by ...yes it was muddy!

3. Having a mid race duel with a mad mountain biker complete with "death metal" blasting out of his back pockets ....class!

4. The aforementioned Mr McD post race casually mentioning he didn't touch his brakes once during either of the descents of doom ....chapeau!

Carnage in the senior race with 77 starting, thought at one point I was somewhere mid-field but have no idea where I finished after an abysmal last couple of laps which mostly consisted of dragging a bike around a very muddy field. Fun Hello, beer !!

• Committee

Guys,

Looking forward to analysis of lap timees.

Any tips for Mugdock if the wet weather continues?

Not enough time to build up a single-speed. How about an MTB with cross tyres for more clearance? Would a spare bike have helped with a wash in the pits on alternate laps?

Alan

I don't quite understand this cross thing why all the moans about it being muddy let's face it you are ridding in a field in Scotland in October its not likely to be dry then so get a life and man up and take up a real pastime like draughts

David,

excellent picture, sums it up nicely. Hello, beer !!

James,

it turns out our last lap was after the race had finished Stoooopid!

sooooo, yes, we did an extra lap, just for the fun of it :icon_yes

duncan

Really? Not very clever of us, but was it our fault? I never saw a finish flag all day! Turns out I beat you afterall though :icon_yes

Where is Knockburn Loch? Anyone going to compete there?

James

• 2023 Subscriptions

James

No flag. It's the overhead gantry that does the lap counting that is the finish.

It is shame that our extra lap didn't count, quite apart from the enjoyment of lugging half of Stirlingshire's mud around, I was interested to see if your high speed sprint finish had beaten my long walk/ run with shouldered bike. Turns out the photo finish guy was home in bed by then Hello, beer !!

Duncan

Ps. Currently suffering Mulholland flu :-(

James

No flag. It's the overhead gantry that does the lap counting that is the finish.

It is shame that our extra lap didn't count, quite apart from the enjoyment of lugging half of Stirlingshire's mud around, I was interested to see if your high speed sprint finish had beaten my long walk/ run with shouldered bike. Turns out the photo finish guy was home in bed by then Hello, beer !!

Duncan

Ps. Currently suffering Mulholland flu :-(

Yes, I was keen to see that too. Sorry you have flu, I was hoping for a re-match at Mugdock. Hope you are better by then.

James