2011 Club Hill Climb Championships

KennyS

Guys,

There has been a delay in the road closure applicaton for the Hill Climb which means that we will have to postpone the Championships from Saturday 1st October until Sunday 9th October. Details to follow

Apologies to those who were peaking for this Saturday

KennyS

"to go collecting wild mushrooms in a wood near Aberfeldy"

Ah, ha.........the secret to Bens success revealed Oh ya dancer !

Am now off to bag me some magic mushrooms in the hope of delivering some decent performances next year 8-)

Or maybe I'll just end up in Dykebar :roll:

Colin Hello, beer !!

• Members

I hope to ride, though I need to be at work for one.

** The begging bit ** :oops:

Is anyone driving over from my neck of the woods who could offer me a lift on the way out? There are still no trains from Glasgow to Paisley on Sunday mornings and I don't fancy riding out on a 49" fixed gear.

Charlie, thanks for the offer of the borrowed bike however I might actually have other riding commitments (uni bike club) on Sunday. Will see if I can sort things so that I can do both, this would be good practise for the British Unis hill climb which is on the 29th!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Oops. Timings weren't previously advertised (sorry Ian :oops: ) so here we go:

09:00 road closed

09.15 sign on

09:30 road open for practice (if you want it!)

10:00 senior event starts

10:30 (approx) youth event

12:00 road open to traffic

Fingers crossed for decent weather. Bring your cowbells and vuvuzelas and make some noise :rockband

A lovely morning for it as we took to the Elliston Hill. The misty drizzle clung to the hills keeping the dust at bay

First up the hill were the seniors competing for the the title of JWCC Hill Climb Champion. Have-a-go Jets Dad, Tony Arthur, was first off and has to be applauded for his efforts. Next up was 2009 Jets Champion, Josh McLaughlin, with a respectable 2min 16secs

Katrina led the women's assault on the title with a 2min 14sec before Youth B Jet, Lewis Mulholland shot up the hill in a time of 2mins 8 secs

A big shout for the two Elaines in their first attempt on the hill

David Thomson staked his claim for the title with a 1min 42secs but not before Ramsay Muirhead had crossed the line in a time of 1min 38secs to defend his crown

6 Ramsay Muirhead 1 38

8 David Thomson 1 42

7 Lewis Mulholland 2 8

3 Katrina Hamilton 2 14

2 Josh McLaughlin 2 16

5 Mike Ferguson 2 16

11 Steve McFarlane 2 17

10 Elaine Muirhead 2 47

1 Tony Arthur 2 50

4 Elaine Sandison 3 21

Next up were the Under 16s competing for the Elliston Trophy and the prestige of being named the Johnstone Jets Hill Climb Champion 2011. There were a number of riders competing for the first time as well as a general improvement on teh times posted from 2010.

Co-Winners from 2010, Danny Mulholland and Alana Steele were pushed into third and fourth places respectively by Lewis Mulholland and Josh McLaughlin, who both recovered well from the full hill to post times within a second of each other. Lewis, following his third place in the main championship, pipping Josh to the title of Johnstone Jets Hill Climb Champion 2011 with a time of 52 seconds

14 Lewis Mulholland 0 52

3 Josh McLaughlin 0 53

16 Danny Mulholland 1 1

11 Alana Steele 1 4

4 Sarah Bradford 1 9

15 Katie McLean 1 10

1 Lewis King 1 12

10 Lusia Steele 1 12

2 Douglas Arthur 1 13

12 Lucy Broadfoot 1 14

5 Hamish MacLaren 1 16

7 Adam Hazle 1 25