Georgetown TT Tuesday 14th.

Agent Orange.

Much as it pains me to say, I think I may have someone else's time from tonite.

I usually start my Garmin before I set off, it has an auto resume function so it stops when its not moving. I pressed the button just before I rolled up to the start. Lets say there is 5 seconds elapsed before I manoeuvre to the start.

When I was heading for the line on the way home I was desperately trying to go under 17 minutes. I think I only just managed that, I did not stop it when I crossed the line. I guesstimate that after the deduction of the 5 seconds from the start my time would be around 16.55? And not the 16.35 quoted?

If anyone else has any dubiety about their time please post it up.

Ok folks here are all your times from tonights Georgetown. A warm, still night resulted in some fast times and many a pb.

In order you went off :-

Josh 18.57

Tom 18.58 PB

Phil 16.55 PB

Kay 24.03

Al 18.11

Elaine 24.30

Greig 21.49 PB

John 21.05

Mike 17.19 PB

Billy 17.53 PB

Lyndsey 18.55 PB

Iain M 20.03 First ever TT= PB

Davie 18.15 PB

Mark 17.23 PB

Greg B 17.03

Ian C 18.58 First ever TT (Welcome to jwcc!) = PB

James 16.27

Kenny 16.33 PB

Graham Puncture (Bad luck Graham)

Mary 21.04 PB ? (Sorry Mary i screwed up both you and Tams times... was a minute out on both)

Vicki 17.00

Tam 14.44 PB Course Record. (Also sorry tam)

Right Guys, i have to hold my hands up here. I have never time keeped before and basic maths is not and never will be my strong point.

I sent Josh off at 18.46 sharp and these are the resulting times. HOWEVER, i was a little overwhelmed by the numbers that turned out tonight and also riders were coming back as the last were pushing off. (Again, my error in poorly seeding riders)

I wish i had an experianced hand looking over my shoulder tonight and really i should of started procedings at 19.00 which would of allowed for time for late comers and also keeping the sums easier. Maybe 19.00 would be better for future?

Tam Gordon rode a course record tonight only for me to calculate and read out the wrong time. He did a 14.44. Hats off!

I feel really guilty guys. I'll stick to riding in future. Here, have some of your favorite smilies and banana's on me!

Stoooopid!Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!:icon_butting_comp:rockbandTake THAT, ya bas!A wee bit of help. And another banana...... Oh ya dancer !

Ben.

Oh yeah, £54 in the coffers of jwcc. Everyone paid (Bar those who did'nt, and you know who you are!!!)

Thanks to Ben for timekeeping last night.

I also was surprised at my time last night if I'm honest, when I looked at my time as I crossed the line I thought I was nearer 19:55 than 18:55. I might not of reset my computer correctly but I didn't feel any quicker than last week which was 19:50 odd

Sorry Ben

I would also have another look at the times my computer had my ride at 18 15 which would be about right I don't think all the times are correct and would agree with the others

Ben,

It's to your credit that you offered to time keep and your bad luck that you picked last night to make your un-assisted debut, so no reason to feel bad about this. Next time pick a night where the rain is horizontal :-P and for your penace you can aim for beating the "new" course record on your Butchers Bike.

Would agree that I was surprised by an 18:15 as I thought I was nearer the 18:30 to 18:40 range - which like Phil is still a PB for me by miles and makes me happy since this was achieved after making a complete hash of clipping in and was baulked by traffic at the roundabout.

I believe there is an award resting on this series so maybe the powers that be need to make a decision on removing the times from the records ???? Can we have some clarity as there is at least some doubt being cast.

Also re. clipping in is it worth trying to promote the idea of getting a timekeepers assistant (when available) to hold the riders on the start line durnig these nights - just a thought!!

Davie

Al

Don't get your hopes up I think its across the board with a shift of 20 seconds slower some of the times are just in realistic eg first ride of the year 1 min quicker I don't think so but still a Pb

Must admit I was surprised with my time (another 50 secs off previous PB) Didn't check my time as I crossed the line as I had my computer set to ave speed. This was 23.4 mph which if my abacus is to be believed would give me 17min 56sec for a measured 7 miles. Which in all honesty would be in line with my expectations.

Notwithstanding, my computer read outs have always been on the high side time wise compared with the official time keeper's, probably due to my luddite tendancies when it comes to setting these things up. Not allowing for a margin for error, a sub 18 minute effort for me which is still better than last week and still a PB therefore I'm not caring.

Regardless, hats off and thank you to Ben for timekeeping on a night when I'm sure he'd rather have been riding. Course record looming soon perhaps.

Mark

Ok folks.

I think its obvious now that i made a total calamity of the time-keeping last night. And to mess up on such a nice night where pb's and new records could be made, well, i feel like an idiot to say the least.

I know where i went wrong now, but even if i rectify the times i still doubt that they would be accurate. So if a trophy is at stake then i would say to sweep last nights times under the carpet.

I know Georgetown isnt the olympics but its important to us all, certainly has become the highlight of my week.

I dropped a clanger in volunteering for my time-keeping debut last night. My sincere apologies to all of you.

Ben.

Ben

Don't worry somebody should have offend assistance and they did not if you know the correct times just post them its the results that will matter for those going for the chocolate trophy

Ben,

Don't feel too bad about it except that Iain MacAuley is raging that YOU are now the front runner for the Hammock! Iain went through a lot of pain for that Hammock, you know!

You could also shave the beard off and go incognito for a while (it may also help your TT times).

The timekeeping is tricky at the best of times and impossible on your own, when riders are finishing and setting off simultaneously. icon_blue_laugh

W

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ben

To your credit you offered to timekeep.I would have excused you on the basis you are breaking all records and should be riding. With so many there you need help especially when they are arriving fast and furious. There should be a minimum of 3 people doing the timekeeping and pushing off jobs when it is so busy . One person should not bear the responsibility. If only a few are offering to help then a rota should be considered.

Not a problem Ben. Dont sweat it. I managed a pb which is what its all about.

Nightmare with so many people, the legacy of a fine evening.

Have to agree with Charlie's comment re; a rota. I think that its a good idea to have minimum of two folk at thse events. If it means I get to take part then Im happy to take a turn.