Last Sunday Run Before Ronde! 27th March 2011

gregbalden

• 2023 Subscriptions

On the arran run today, the flanders folk were discussing a route for next sunday. Something along the lines of the Don Smith route about 2 or 3 years ago?

Clubrooms, Down to Ardrossan, up the coast, all the way to Port G, up the clune, maybe a lochwinnoch loop too......just plently steady miles for the last run, no heroics. Thoughts?

Greg

Sorry Greg .....thought it was just me ...having endured a windswept A78 solo on both Friday and Sunday I don't know if I can face it myself, I always maintain there are tonnes of better roads round this neck of the woods though I have learned from experience they are not to everybodys taste.

Kenny, Richard I presume there is a good portion of steady riding suited for a well organised bunch on your run and it is not all KOM stuff.

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

I know the feeling, that road is all too familiar!! That was the reasoning behind doing it backward. If other people are going elsewhere im more than happy to ignore this route and follow suit, ill keep watch and see what happens.

Greg

As a possible route for your consideration.

Erskine bridge, Duntocher to Stockiemuir Rd onto Drymen, Pipe track to Gartmore, Aberfoyle, round the Lake of Mentieth, option of the Top of the World and Crow for anyone mad enough or Ballat toll for coffee/cakes then A81, Queens view, Stockiemuir and over the bridge and home.

• Life Members

Did someone mention a Cafe stop, I can smell the bacon roll already.

Come to think of it, I've no had one for ages thanks to all the "anti cafeist" :shock:

Count me in for this one, might opt to meet at bridge instead of club room.

P.S Richard, just out of interest where can we stop for coffee in your propose route? Drymen maybe?

Cheers

Chung

Can't make tomorrow as I'm being left in charge of 4 legged one. Enjoy your day out. Proxy seconding of chung's cafe stop in advance. Chung, you owe me a tunnock's carmel wafer! I may head out for a hour or 2 later in the day.

Unrelated thread, had smashing day out in the east today Dunbar to S. Queensferry. Roads out there are brilliant. Flat, smooth with very few potholes almost as good as the resurfaced section of the string road! Must be spending road maintenance money around the capital.

Met up with bunch from Edinburgh RC whilst out. Happy to report the "Joansin" club honour was upheld with a half wheel victory at the their traditional 30 sprint going into Mussleburgh. "Just round the corner" the boy said. Aye right, launched bid going into corner only to see 300 metre marker about 50 metres away. Near death experience on the line! :shock:

M