Best Cycling Buys 2010

Colin H

Been asked what I want cycling wise for Xmas and can't think of anything :-?

Therefore lets try posting our best (or worst) buys of the year in an effort to help my loved ones :icon_bounce_hearts

For me it has to be the Tacx Rollers bought mid November. If it wasn't for them I woldn't have turned a pedal in weeks.

Colin Hello, beer !!

• Committee

Easy choice, Colin. Remote control powered garage doors.

Climb on bike, hit 'open' and I am straight out on the road. After a ride I hit 'open' when 50 yards from home and I can cycle straight back in.

Mind you I had to buy a new house as well but it was a small price to pay.

Happy christmas to all our readers.

A

Okay, it was 2009 but best buy for me has been my Endura Stealth jacket and bibtights. Not cheap but fantastic. And they have a lite version now as well.

For those on a smaller budget there are still a few pairs of Argyll inspired JWCC leg and knee warmers available. Stand out from the bunch in 2011 !!!!!!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Colin

Best buy for me over past few years has to be

- switching to Time pedals

- latest version of JWCC bib shorts ( as every other pair of any brand just did not do it - a personal thing)

- Mavic Kysrium wheel bearings - in order to keep my Kysriums running like brand new, buttery bearinged, stiff as hell and bombproof wheels

- Mavic Kysrium replica freewheel bushes ($12 from USA)- for same reasons as above

I acknowledge I am a bit OCD about wheels but c'est la vie, I am happy with the skin I am in!!

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

Crank brothers egg beaters. Im a recent convert to these as I had listened to Jim Daly wax lyrical about their performance and decided to give them a go.

So far so good, an added benefit is I had to get some new shoes to use with them. This made me glad, and also means I have some sort of purchase on the terra firma when walking off the bike.

Also a Charge Spoon saddle cheap and cheery and way more comfier than the Toupe I had been using, I realise everyone is different physiologically the spoon is ideal for me,.....so far!

For me it has to be a Saint Mirren season ticket cause after every week of watching the saints I can't wait to get back out on my bike in fact two hours on the turbo staring at my non auto door is better than this years mince

• 2023 Subscriptions

Best purchase in the past year or two has to be my cross bike. It's the most versatile of machines. I have used it for cross riding/racing, road riding/training, commuting and touring. It takes full (proper) muddies and full front and rear racks. It is also great fun off road.

Club windtex jacket has been a good purchase as well.