Don Smith 2010

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi all,

online registration for this year's Don Smith is now open. Go to

http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/eve ... orial-2010

for full details and a link to the registration and payment page. Pay now using PayPal for only £6 seniors, £3 juniors and concessions.

Would appreciate any offers of help, either leading up to the run, or on the day itself. If you think you can help out, please speak up!

Any questions, please post here.

Many thanks,

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Martin,

It's a lame excuse i know, but its my wife's 40th Birthday party the previous night, and we've got folk staying over, so it's doubtful i would make it (or be allowed to make it) for the ride, but i could certainly come along with some homemade soup for afters..... and available if you need anything done in the run up to the event....

Cheers Ian...........

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Billy,

There will be more than one group going out for the longer run. We'll allow people to choose their own group, so that gentlemen such as yourself can ride in one bunch and the wannabees can ride in another. That way you'll get your miles in, hopefully in company all the way.

cheers

Mul

• 2023 Subscriptions

Where are you all?

Registrations coming in for the Don Smith, but only 4 from from the Joansin. We're going to be outnumbered by the Ivy at this rate :-(

Same yourself time on the day (and the need to carry cash) by signing on now.

Click the link and get in there!

http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/eve ... orial-2010

cheers

M

• Members

Billy, I registered for the long run in the hope that there would be a gentlemen's group this year (I've been reading old threads.) I don't have the will or the legs to gallop round the coast after the racers, but I do want the full distance and a chance to conquer the Clune. If you fancy company and someone to hang your wheel all the way round, I'm your man! ;-) Maybe see you on the day.

• Members

Ian Dooley has just released details of his one day madness sale!!

Overshoes reduced from £30 to £5

Leg Warmers reduced from £30 to £5

Gilets reduced from £35 to £15

Inner tubes 5 for £10

Altura , De Marchi , Castelli all reduced by 50%

Plus many more one day only bargains

Only available at the Don Smith event in Lochwinnoch

• 2023 Subscriptions
Hi guys. I've entered for this and would like the 67 mile route but ain't kidding myself about 20mph either :grin:

No problem at all. I'm sure we'll have plenty of like minded people, Grantus. :lol:

See you Sunday.

Mul

• 2023 Subscriptions

Online entry closes at midnight tonight - last chance to beat the queues on Sunday morning!

Also, please remember to download a route map for your chosen ride!

See you Sunday.

Mul

The short ride goes down the cycle track to Kilbirnie as far as I can see from the map.

I went for a ride from Lochwinnoch down the track yesterday afternoon and could only get as far as the road bridge over the A760. Beyond that there is still quite a thick layer of snow with only a narrow clear strip 12 in wide down the middle.

I don't think it will be all melted by SUnday.

I will take another look on Saturday afternoon.

Paul

hi guys,

i'm coming along for my first ride on Sunday. only been out twice in last 5 months, so wimping out with the 26 mile route (which will still probably kill me anyway :grin: ).

looking forward to seeing you all though.

al.

• 2023 Subscriptions
The short ride goes down the cycle track to Kilbirnie as far as I can see from the map.

I went for a ride from Lochwinnoch down the track yesterday afternoon and could only get as far as the road bridge over the A760. Beyond that there is still quite a thick layer of snow with only a narrow clear strip 12 in wide down the middle.

I don't think it will be all melted by SUnday.

I will take another look on Saturday afternoon.

Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for the report. I pm'd known Lochwinnoch worthies (you know who you are :grin: ) today to ask if the track was rideable, and got much the same report. Looks like a diversion on Sunday - update to be posted here.

cheers,

M