Millport

Kenny MacDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

I had emailed Dave Moss last week to try and get contact details for I Loughran so as to let him know that a number of people were interested in riding the Millport RR if it was open to under 40's.

Cut a long story short - there is talk of maybe opening it to all TLI members. He asked if I could let him know how many might be interested in the RR whom are also TLI members. Could you let me know please if you would likely ride it and if you are a TLI member?

thanks

PMcD

• Members

Ian

has said he would open race up if he didnt get enough entries from Vets. But had stated this would happen next year. I am meeting him on Wednesday to discuss the events so no hard decision will be taken till then. I will inform him of your willingness to ride , although we have never been short of riders wishing to ride event. It is the reluctance of riders to enter properly which is giving problems to organisers , that and reluctance of riders to organise.

Millport cannot cope with large fields hence the traditional Vets only if opened up to all it would still have to be restricted field or 2 races run back to back. Either way would require more marshalls/helpers. I would remind you that Ian isnt running this on behalf of a club, he is a sole organiser. Therefore if you wish to develop the event he would require assistance ,not emails from other people suggesting ways to expand the event. I do not apologise for the tone of this posting as I KNOW how much time effort and MONEY Ian puts into this event. He would welcome any support which would allow him to expand the events and allow more riders to participate. Every year he gets suggestions to make it bigger ,better and open to more riders, talk is cheap actions are not. If you recall we used to organise the Team time trial at Millport , but as one of scotlands largest clubs we struggled to get enough helpers/marshalls on the day. Hence the reason we dont run it any more. Just imagine then how more difficult it is for Ian running 2 events on the one day.

All volunteers to help on the day most welcome :-

we still need Lead cars/motorcycles, pusher off , marshalls .

Post here if available.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

I apologise if I caused offence. As it happens I probably cannot make the RR but on behalf of some others I did say I would let Ian know of their interest as we had heard there were low entries and it may have suited. I did not know that Ian was doing so much personally. However - is it better to mention it or to say nothing? Better to see a race opened up than cancelled surely?

I am very aware and appreciative of the input of the administrators and organisers of races as I have occasionally done it myself and did so on behalf of the club at the west Centre champs last September.

from the cyclist who now thinks it better to ride his bike on the moral low ground and stay quiet

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Guest fatblokeonbike

Inserted on behalf of Kenny.

Time Trial 11:00am start

No.2 james MacDonald s/boy

3 Kat & Dawn Ladies 8-)

6 Miss Brogan ( Jim whats her name ?)s/girl

7 Kelly Van der Toorn L

10 Ian Manson ( seeded!!!) VB

12 Vicky Begg L

20 George Hamilton (seeded) VA

26 Alan King S

29 Paul the Mechanic Msckimming VA

32 Harry Lambie VC

40 Stevie Blom ( seeded)S

42 Stevie Hickey VA

50 Sean Gray S ( seeded)

53 Mark Logan S

56Pete Bennell VC

58 Jim Dunlop VB

anyone missing , let me know asap

RR

2:00pm

Group 1

G. Hamilton

I. Manson

D. Gunson

Group2

S. Hickey

P. Msckimming

K. Hair

K.V der T

(on behalf of el Presidente).

I seem to have found my way onto the start sheet for the TT and RR...but seriously doubt if I can make it.

Sorry to whoever I gave the impression I'd be going - I was supposed to be away surfing after the national 10 up north, but now looks more like I'll be just recovering from the race back in Glasgow. Ive got a cold at the mo and while I should make the 10 on Saturday, I dont think I'll plan on another 'back to back' weekend of racing for a while.

If theres any chance I can come along on Sunday I'll be there to help out and not race!!

cheers

K