May 28 Thursday 18:45 Gateside APR Training

Darryl Gunson

• 2024 Subscriptions

Who is up for the APR this week? The Gateside circuit is better than the Peesweep - easier, faster and better roads - so should suit everyone. We didn't even manage to catch the first group last week, so it must be worth a go :lol:

Anyway, post here if you intend to come.

Cheers

Darryl

Another cracking night on the Gateside circuit. Good turnout with 2 groups being the order of the day.

The first group consisting of Kenny Mac, Ian Lochran, Ian McGinty, Greg, Duncan and Stuart started off at a fast pace and whilst they built a lead the second group of myself, Darryl, Paul, Ramsay and James discussed tactics. For some reason James' suggestion (fully supported by me) that the testers should loiter at the back of the group didn't go down well with the others and whilst we debated the obvious advantages to some of us, we charged off 4 minutes later in hot pursuit of the bunch ahead.

It wasn't long before our pace picked up and the through and through tactic had me panting like a rabid dog :oops:. James and me were shelled out the back before we'd completed half the distance and it was left to the 3 amigos to chase down the wringers, sorry riders at the front.

I didn't see the finish but I was told when I finished a few hours later that the first group were caught just before the climb to the finish and that big Ramsay opened his legs and showed his class by riding away from Darryl , Paul and the rest of the pack to cruise over the line. Well done big man Hello, beer !!

Super night and congratulations to all that took part.

Apologies if I've missed anyone from the role call but if I have, it's an age thing. Sorry.

Frank