Sunday 1st. March :- Don Smith / Davie Raymond memorial runs

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Hi Paul Macadam

long time no see , it would be good to see you on Sunday morning at clubrooms for the ride Oh ya dancer !

Regards speeds , the 9:00 run is not a reliabilty run so it should be run at clubrun pace with regrouping at top of climbs. The 9:30 bunch should be suitable for newcomers ( so Mr Manson told me 8-) )

The 9:30 bunch should be suitable for newcomers ( so Mr Manson told me )

Mr Manson may need a recovery ride so the new toy will be at less than 1000 Watts and HR no higher than 215.

Plan for 9.30 is to go along track from clubrooms to Kilmacolm - if everyone feels ok and wee extra bit along to Port Glasgow and return.

No more than 18 miles, I reckon bout 13-14 miles an hour and no hills.

Should be suitable for any interested returnee.

Hey Martin is there a 10.00 bunch this week :smash

• Members

Huge thanks to Jan for heating soup and holding the fort whilst the riders were out and about , ably supported by Norma and Cheo

. Collective thanks to all the bakers,sandwich makers , fruit providers etc etc. who made the post run buffet superb Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Lastly a big thanks to all who turned up to ride the event in memory both Don and Davie it was much appreciated by both families.

Great to see so many members and old friends supporting the club today keep up the good work. Hope to see big turn outs for regular club runs.

ps Who let the wee Dundonian choose the route :roll::lol::lol:

• Committee

That was great ride folks, with a wee bit more vim in the second half.

Many thanks to our Flemish club sec Martens van Muhlollandenbergkop for random route generation.

I needed to be home early and was sorry to miss soup.

Top marks and thanks to Mike who pulled three of us along the path from Kilbirnie to Lochwinnoch at a brisk 36 kph. I suspect his trademark bumbag is now probably Li-ion.

And we all kept away from the Muirhead/McDonald express. Hurrah! Trebles all round. They're probably in Dumfrieshire by now, still trying to chase us down.

Alan

A great ride today with something for everyone - I even heard that someone spotted some tarmac!

Good banter and a great feed - thanks to everyone who helped out back at the Club!

I hope we get to see a group as big as that every Sunday morning.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A big thanks to the soup and sandwich team - excellent sustenance after Ramsay and I chased some wild geese for a few hours. We had a good lark following the tracks of the bunch on the back roads but lost the scent when we reached a main road !

I'm sure the club will keep up the tradition in memory of Davie and Don. Whilst I only met Davie once at the kids cyclo cross he clearly had great energy and enthusiasm in helping out the childrens section. A great loss indeed.

chapeau

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Where we actually went today:

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/route/gb/johnstone/298466529687

Lucky we were on such clean roads, since I didn't have my mudguards on. ;-)

I know we almost rode into the Montgreenan House Hotel by mistake, but I bet the grub at the clubrooms was better than anything they could have cooked up.

Thanks to Kenny, Norma and Jannza for getting everything organised in Miller Street.

Fine day all round - thanks to all for the company.

See you at the next club run. :grin:

I'd like to say thanks for the nice day , was good to be back out, something that i couldn't have missed even wi 2 broken legs .

thanks to janza and crew for the lovely grub prep Clappers

and some great pics there , i'm so glad my ugly mug never broke the cameras

tho i did have my doubts as kenny's was refusing to work takin my pic haha

who can blame the poor camera

p.s. martin i need a favour ??? SCONES !!!! haha ;-)

i'll be oot next week 100%

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just had a look at the 09:00 bunch route. I'm amazed that Paul and I managed to follow your trail for so long, but not surprised that we didn't find you! :shock: Still, we did have a good blast round some back roads, even if it was at a much faster pace than both of us were expecting.

Thanks to all helpers, bakers, soup makers etc.. Oh ya dancer !

Great to see so many people out (we did pass the 09:00 bunch as we were heading back down the track).

Ramsay

what a great day out.

My first outing on the bike in months - think the erskine Hosp run was the last time I was allowed out on the roads.

Thanks to all for encouragement, and to the map readers who refused to do the "girly" thing and ask for directions.

Not been an many of those roads before - but then I don't think anyone had been on some of them since the days of horse drawn carriages.

Might clean the bike before the next run - when is the erskine ride this year ? :grin: