Reliability No.3 Sinclair street

Kenny MacDonald

8-) i could be available to be heater upper ,assuming ferries from millport don't become storm bound, and leave us abandoned on the cumbrie :cry: , as has happened in the past. Hello, beer !! keys from john's shop could be collected about twelve o'clock,, and loop de loop ready for arrival :rockets of the flying nineoclockers.. any other volunteers please post.

• Members

Kenny S is doing a map thingy.

Route is Johnstone - Georgetown - Red Smiddy - Erskine - Dumbarton - Helensburgh - Sinclair st. - Arden r/bout - Balloch - Bonhill - Dumbarton - Erskine bridge - Langbank - Houston - Johnstone.

hope this helps .

As for numbers I would anticipate the same amount of people as last week returning to the clubrooms for soup.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Darryl

Anniesland was calmer last week in terms of numbers but not pace. This was due to a large contingent being in Alicante - the clones, stevie, black bob etc. They are still away this week so numbers should be down a bit. About 30 last Saturday.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

As most of the 30 mile group will know, I'm heading off to Dubai to work and leave on Monday 18th Feb. Simply too busy on Sunday to take part, but would have liked to. I will be back occasionally and hope to join the Sunday rides, but obviously without doing any bike miles will be less fit than normal!!

Will continue to read with interest the descriptions of the Sunday runs. Enjoy the rest of the winter.

Guest Jim Daly

Donald,

Cabbage and brussel sprout soup.... mmm..,

We'll be in more of a rush to finish than usual, then.

Can Frank and Colin be persuaded to join us?

Ken,

I heard that there is a cycle run in Dubai starting around 5:30/6am.

Often too hot and always dangerous by 7:30am.

• Members

Just a note :- the route for Sunday , we dont use the dual carriageway from Balloch to Bellsmyre r/b at Dumbarton. Route is turn left at Balloch r/b ( or skip onto old road at botom of climb at entrance to Cameron house) thru Balloch over river to take a right onto Bonhill road across to Bellsmyre r/b. In past groups have missed out this section and ended up ahead of front groups.

Once over Erskine bridge on way back its over thru Bishopton and down to Langbank climb .

Just in case some people dont read the map thingy accurately :shock:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jim

I had an 11th hour, 59th minute change of plan this morning (9.25am to be precise) and ended up out with the anniesland rip your legs off bunch :shock:

Therefore, for both domestic and physical capability reasons I will not be out with the 10am Sunday :-? I was looking forward to witnessing the 'single speed supremo' as well.

Ian Manson - If you read this - could I ask a favour that you post my licence as I will not now be at clubrooms tomorrow.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

I have now had time to soak my impressive bruises, the kids were well impressed anyway, and time to see the results of my wrist x-rays

(nothing broken, just being a wimp, unsympathetic orthopaedic opinion)

I was reminded of something Alan had posted previously....

Doesn't matter if they know each other.

If you caused me to crash badly due to reckless behaviour (like showing me your powertap reading) then

I'd get a really good lawyer to sue you ('cos I know you've got British Cycling insurance for £10m and I'd want a bit of it ).

You wouldn't lose out personally, apart from becoming bitter and twisted and not coming round for cups of tea.

Now who was it that caused the crash...

Where's Donald Finlay's number :uzi

Maybe a new frame, new wheels from the compo Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!

Well, my summary of Sunday's ride: slippy on the roundabouts, busy on north side of river, Colin decends like a stone Oh ya dancer ! and the threee remaining fallers suffered up past the monkey house. :roll:

Colin, shame you missed the cabbage and brussel sprout soup, I have some festering in a pot at home, I could post you some if you would like.

There was a lot left, surprisingly :lol:

Duncan

ps. it wis the cooncil at fault for the crappy roads covered in diesel

• Life Members

Duncan,

Can I just say that I was very impressed and suprise when I stare into the pot at the clubroom fearing the worst (Cabbage & sprouts....) and to find that it was a pot of lovely Chinese chicken & veg. Congee (mushed rice).

It taste lovely and even better than what I can do.

Usually, you would have it after recovering from an illness or in cold weather.....quite appropriate I think.

Talented bunch these cyclist, eh!

Cheers

Chung