Season 18 Confined

XXX

• 2023 Subscriptions

A few issues were raised at the agm re confined events , one issue I think that needs addressed is the day it’s on , at the moment we run these on a Tuesday mostly and nobody attends , if I remember correctly we had a vote on changing the day and voted against changing the day. Which If I remember who was in attendance at the agm the majority do not ride them, yes they have a right to vote but ! 

So we might increase attendance if we ran these on a Wedensday as there is no other ride on Wednesdays that would depleate the number of testers so why are we not changing these ?

Another issue was raised about the two up and that we can’t do X because historically the award was for a handicapped event , I also think the fastest pair should be acknowledged, we have to changes things , we should not be held back because we always did that because that attitude is just not good enough.

We have to change and I think we have to listen more to the active members rather than those that use to do it or we might become a historical club 

thoughts 

• 2023 Subscriptions

From me personally Tuesday doesnt fit well (and probably wont fit well for anyone else with intentions to road race) but Tuesdays may work better for others so wouldnt want my preference to put anyone out.

Perhaps it could be split and have some  on Tuesdays as normal and then some weeks experiment with it on Wednesday instead?   (at least on the days when it wouldnt clash with the CTT events on the Georgetown) . Then after next year could see what night attracts more riders.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Everyone who TTed last year did so on a Tuesday :shock: If it was moved to Wednesday you would lose at least 2 of the main TTers that showed up last year... Not sure about the Math on moving to another day...

Hows about fastest pair  in 2Up champs get a free pint in Amaretto?  I like the idea of  hill climb and the road race championship(whats this?) being handicap, great suggestion George! gets my vote 

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm not bothered either way, Tuesday or Wednesday. Regardless of what we do, one night will suit some , and not others, Same applies to moving them to a Saturday morning, so we get different participants but not necessarily more. 

We we did have a vote at the agm for the status quo, and there weren't that many TT 'ers there, but that was what was agreed on the night.

I will be putting the calendar together over the next couple of weeks on the basis of a Tuesday night for most events. If there's significant support for moving some to a Wednesday, I'm happy to move them, because the bottom line is, if nobody turns up, I'm wasting my time.

• 2023 Subscriptions

That’s what gets me those who don’t take part dictate to those who do , that’s the wrong way round . We get a statement from the outer Hebrides not to change things and that’s it well it’s not good enough change is required 

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm hoping to be back TT'ing next year... it doesn't really bother me whether it is a Tuesday or Wednesday, except I would probably like to ride some of the CTT Georgetown events as well. Have they been organised yet ? Saturday mornings are a definite no-no for me..

• 2023 Subscriptions

Geoff Smith's Georgetown Wednesday events are a game changer. Even before CTT came along , Geoff welcomed all comers, everyone is sociable and inclusive and you can race your mates no matter what club. Even Alan Mcbride stopped coming to our closed events in favour of the Wednesday nights, and I think there is little appetite to make comments on this thread because Geoff is already doing such a good job. You get top riders to kids on road bikes. I love em.

My suggestion is to throw in our lot with Geoff and 3 or 4 times a year put on our own CTT, eg Langbank Hilly TT (I'm even prepared to lose my KoM on the Langbank course :))