Sat 15th - DA trainer

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Easter weekend will be busy for many no doubt. So wondered if anyone up for a DA simulator run on Saturday morn. Closest I could think of was Muirkirk cafe run, various hills both steep and draggy, flat bits, headwind and tailwind. About 80 miles. Late morn cafe stop at Muirkirk.

Idea would be to ride long sections at DA pace ( the more sensible and slight reduced pace! )

Anyone for 0830 Saturday?

• Committee

Muirkirk notable for worst cafe in Scotland. Apologies if the owners are reading this but it was grotesque. Lurid, high contrast pics of Krustyburgers on windowfront were exceeded in grimness by the "things" themselves. The experience was made far worse by Paul's genuine pleasure at the stratospheric fat content. I had one mouthful of the courtesy cake and felt ill for next twenty miles.

Otherwise that was a splendid day last year where we did some stalwart echelon work on lovely quiet roads.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Outrageous slander. That is the best cafe this side of the Mississippi River.

Did anyone else's mum tell them that can't you go to Arran every Saturday and Santa can't come every night ?

Anyway, I have a proposal. Leave Howood at 0730 so that Jan has plenty time to be home for 1300. It's 65 miles to the Moscow Garden centre via Muirkirk so we could do that then stop for coffee and scones approx 1030 for 1100.

Pick up points along route could be 0740 Greenacres, 0750 Lugton, 0800 Dunlop, for folks like Gummy and Jan.

Post up if you want to fine tune your preparation for DA immortality

• 2023 Subscriptions

Team DA and friends,

Looks like me, Alan McB, Alan McL, Robbie, Andy G, Jan ?, Colin ?, Alex ?. Maybe Matt who was with us tonight.

It's the guts of team DA. Maybe some others, for part or all of route, Marc, Darryl, Eric etc all very welcome.

Suggested format, given it is a DA trainer. Goal is to ride at DA pace ( which is a bit less than last Saturday on Arran ). So that would be to maintain an average of 20mph for the 65 miles to Moscow Garden Centre ( unless we succumb to the greasy grease ball cafe in Muirkirk if it is open ) So bring appropriate food and drink. Wherever we stop we crack on to get Jan back in time, as if he needs any help!

Starting at bottom of Bowfield we will clearly not hit average target until about Stewarton. So that also mimics the start of DA.

16 DAys to go :)