Sunday 15th May - Kilcreggan

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

Bit of a late post for this Sunday, but better late than never :-)

Anyway, weather is dry at least for Sunday so I thought a trip over the North side again is on the cards for me.

I'm trying to avoid the Crow AGAIN, as I've been over the Crow SEVEN times in 9 weeks :-)

So, Kilcreggan it is then:

9.00am Clubroom - GT - Bridge 9.40am - Dumbarton - Helensburgh - Rhu - Whistlefield climb - Coulport - Kilcreggan Cafe - back round the coast - Glen Fruinn - Balloch - Bonhill - Bridge - Home

Approx. 70 miles from Johnstone I think, bailout options along the way if need be.

I would appreciate if you make your intentions to come so I can plan accordingly.

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Chung

I can't make Sat so I was looking to get out early on Sunday and do 100+ for Spain. I was wanting to get back early

James,

If that's the case, then you can start early - say 7am (or earlier) and do a solo circuit around Houston, Lochwinnoch & Bishopton etc & meet us at the bridge at said time & do most of the route (say miss-out the Coulport & Kilcreggan part) & head back via Glen Fruinn. I think that should give you a fair amount of km & will get you back home early doors.

With us doing the full propose route, I reckoned we should be back at the bridge no later than 2.45pm (give or take) anyway!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Can't make Saturday epic so probably be at bridge 0930. Eric, I will post to confirm. ?meet up in village first.

Will be good if you can make it Alan, if so 9.00 at Pullman?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chung,

I'll be along for part of the ride at least - joining you at the bridge 9:30/9:40. I suspect that ride is a bit more than 70 miles.

I fancy a shorter version of this also. The Kilcreggan ferry is not running on Sunday's, so suggest cafe stop at Garelochead and back on Chung's route via Glen Fruin as a shorter option. This may suit some 30 milers?

Eric, I'll see you at the Pullman at 9:00, to meet the others at the bridge at 9:30 / 9:40.

• Life Members

Ritchie & All,

Thats great folks, the more the merrier!

Plenty of bail outs along the way, not a problem.

It looks like most folks (if not all) are meeting at the bridge, then if no one apart from Ritchie & me, then lets all meet at the bridge, saves me heading over to Johnstone :-)

But if more folks want to meet at clubroom, then please indicate your intention so - I'll make a final confirmation & post up later on tonight then.

Cheers

Chung

I'll do the shorter route with Graham.

I will bypass the club rooms and head through Kilbarchan/Brookfiled to be at Bridge 9:30 - 9:40.

Will be passing Houston busstop about 9:05 (but not stopping)

Ritchie - you  could park at the shops at Crosslee if nobody else going from club.

• Life Members

Whereabouts do you meet at the Erskine Bridge....At the bus shelter under the bridge on the same side as the garden centre?

LA_Guns (Paul ?) - as Billy said, usual meeting point just next to the garden centre on the bridge, above the bus stop that you mentioned.

Will see you there tomorrow then! :-)

O.K, lets confirm to all meet at the bridge then at the said time of 9.30-9.40am, weather looking half decent & hopefully more of the same like today.

See youse all tomorrow, remember to bring some lunch money folks :-)

Cheers

Chung