Bealach na Bà 2016 - July 30th

PaulL

• Life Members

Would love to but chungs post about the midges sent shivers down my spine, memories of camping and climbing with a swollen face, Midges love me, I'm like an all you can eat buffet for the little f@#$!..

Alan, the midges were not a problem during the day/ride, it was in the evening that it became horrible ........... so you should be ok!

If you're still concern, then call your local Avon sales lady for some serious midge repellent :-)

Cheers

Chung

• Members

Hi Paul just trying to get an idea of numbers for the cabins, here is what I have at moment 

Me & my pal Mark

Paul L

Alex B

Davy C

James Esus

Billy a maybe

Alan M a maybe

We have two cabins booked £65 per cabin, so if the above are going then we're full. If not we can see if anyone is interested. I am happy to drive but may need to borrow a roof rack to fit 3 people in the car. Let me know who's in and who's out. 

PS cabins are basic, so you will need a sleeping bag 

• Life Members

Iain, if it's any help then I have 2 Thule roof type bike carriers you can borrow, assuming you have roof bars on your car already?

Let me know if it's any good & I can drop it off at yours before I head off on my holidays in 2 weeks time.

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

will do Chung. need to buy roof bars as I don't have any. Will PM if needed and thanks mate. Anywhere nice on holidays?

Iain, if you're going get roof bars, then may I suggest you get the Thule Aero ones, assuming you car look as spiffing/futuristic as your new Trek, then it'll match better. Plus Thule are really good designs!

I bought mine from these guys:

http://www.roofbox.co.uk

Just enter your car model/year & it'll tell you what components you need, hope that helps!

Or make life simple, just get David to drive & put the bike carriers on his Thule roof bars :-)

Cheers

Chung

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

I'm up for this, anyone got any space for a fat guy with bike ?? if of course there is any availability in the digs ?

Magic, I have space in my car for one fat guy and bike icon_rolling_smile

I believe the digs sleeps 8 and we have 6 going so far.

The only downside is that Paul L is also travelling in my car!

Cheers Chung for the cycle carrier, looks as if it will come in usefull.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi guys

I won't know if I can make it until last minute so if you can fill the digs do so, think I might have some coaching commitments at the track but can't sync to the diary that I use

I won't be making it. I'll just be back from hols, Couriers RR, and a new dog to contend with. Think I'll spend Sunday ambling along the cycle track, headphones in, with an extending dog lead. Surely that couldn't annoy anyone!

Appreciate late notice, so if space not filled I'll cover accommodation.

Nothing to do with Jesus single sleeping bag offer (how did I miss that post!) or Paul's atmospheric conditioning.

Honest.

• Members

How many cars then? I don't have roof bars so can only fit two bikes in back with two passengers. we have two cabins that sleep 4 each, so it is - 

Me 

My mate Mark

Davy 

Paul L 

Ginty

James Esus

Billy, Maybe

6 defos and 1 maybe. 

whats the time plans for leaving and arriving, or is it see meet up at Applecross?