Bealach na Bà 2016 - July 30th

PaulL

• 2023 Subscriptions

Iain,

is it the actual bars or the bike carriers that you don't have ? I have 4 spare bike carriers for roof bars..

All,

personally I think we should leave at 6am, that probs get us there for around 11am, wouldn't really want to much later than that, I guess they'd still be a bit of faffing about once we get there, by the time we get the bikes off, get changed and fed, etc.. 

Ian

• Members

Ginty I don't have bars but I'll check on E-bay as it makes sense for you to come with me. that means James Esus can jump in with Davy and Farty pants. Sure we can all arrange to meet at Bridge and head up together. If I can get bars, I'll come round Friday night and see if we can get them fitted

Thanks for the lift Davy!

What are people doing route wise, I'm going go for the long one and add another 20km to get the 100 miles so might go back up and over the other side?!?!? Good to get numbers for each group?

P.s I'm sorry in advance to whoever is sharing my hut, I snore like an overweight warthog with respiratory issues!

• 2023 Subscriptions

The long route looks good with the climb at the end, not sure for stops on that route but will have a look. You could always climb back up and come back down at the end, that would give you the 100miles J'esus. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for the lift Davy!

What are people doing route wise, I'm going go for the long one and add another 20km to get the 100 miles so might go back up and over the other side?!?!? Good to get numbers for each group?

P.s I'm sorry in advance to whoever is sharing my hut, I snore like an overweight warthog with respiratory issues!

Im just going for the barbie & beer

• Members

Hi Davy, just to confirm. 

In my car, me, Mark, Ginty and Alan.

in yours, you, Paul L and James Esus.

Meet at Erskine Bridge 06:00 AM Saturday and head to Applecross. I have confirmation for one cabin and Paul has the other.

Two dispolable BBQ's bought and I'll get some grub and booze for Saturday night. Feel free bring more, as sure there will be some big appetites and thirsty blokes Saturday night

Weather looking okay for Saturday, showers and 10 MPH wind. Can handle that.

Makings of a good weekend 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alright Iain

Will organise to pick Paul and Ross up at Paul's house and meet you at the Garden centre car park at the bridge at 6.

Route planner saying just over 5 hours, so hopefully out on the bikes b4 12.

The campsite has showers, so don't forget your towel. Also taking my sleeping bag, pillow and a case of beer and some red wine!!, we will be thirsty...

Weather reports look as if they change every day, fingers crossed for little rain.

See you Saturday.