Arranophobia

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Dad sitting this afternoon, so how better to pass some time......

1) Arranophobia ; a mildly psychotic condition whereby those affected can experience delusions, sleeplessness, cold sweats, tremors and in some cases a complete disconnect from reality. Early diagnosis symptoms include extreme training regimes on a bicycle, OCD with the letters DA and sustained harassment of members of the cycling community to attempt to conquer their Everest, twice. Cluster of cases reported in the West of Scotland, where it is known in local dialect as "pure bricking it"

2) Arranophobia ; film, epic period drama made in 2016 about a group of scratchers who rise higher than they ever thought possible and conquered their Everest, twice. Nominated for 2 Oscars.

DREAM IT, BELIEVE IT, ACHIEVE IT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Don't really agree with the whole psychiatric labelling thing but....

Given that a phobia is a disproportionate and persistent fear of a specific object, situation, person or thing that leads to some impairment in an area or areas of functioning I don't think it's correct to say that Paul has an Arranophobia.

Just being pedantic.

Will keep my formulation confidential since Paul is up to date with my consultation fees. 😉