Angie MacDonald Memorial 25 - 17th May

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

The course is from a layby on the A9 just south of Kildary, going south on the A9 to the roundabout at Ardullie, and then back north, finishing about a mile south of the start point. It looks to be a rolling profile, essentially along the coast, with a couple of lengthy drags on it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Not a good day. It only rained during my warmup, and not during the race, but of course, the roads were soaked by then, there was a tough headwind on the out leg, seeing me to the 13 mile turn in just under 40 minutes, then turn round with the wind behind me, and back in about 30. Went off the boil a bit at the top of the climb after the turn, lost a bit of focus at about 18 miles, and got it back with 5 to go. Got passed twice inside 5 miles. Finished last in 1:09:36. Disappointing.

Didn't lose any bits off my bike.

On the other hand it's a good rolling course with some stunning views across the Cromarty Firth. Not that I had time to look at them during the race. It kicked off at 8am to avoid the traffic. I don't think I would liked to have started any later from the way traffic was building.

Good event. Recommended.