Crit on the Campus

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just a heads up if anyone was intending to enter the crit at Stirling uni campus on the 22nd of March there are only a handful of places left in the 4th Cat race http://crit.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/(thats about 120 entries in less than a week)

The other races such as the E/1/2/3, youth and womens are not first come first serve so no need to enter them so soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Another year another great event from Stirling bike club.

4th cat race was a bit faster than last year but i was doing ok, usual story of hanging about at the back a bit much which almost caught me out as there was a crash late on which split the lead group, managed to pick my way through the flying carbon (a bit hit my helmet!) and got back on by the end of the next lap. Was getting towards the end by then and i moved up on the drag of final lap, and tried to be at the front but not quite on it...managed that ok sprint opened up and i was about third going into the final corner. I had wanted to be first going into this corner but everyone else had the same idea and there wasnt space for us all. The two in front overcooked a bit and went wide and i went for the inside, but in doing so clipped a pedal and almost came off. Managed to stay on the bike but the loss of momentum was too much and then not only lost the chance of a podium but got overtaken by a few other riders too. Feels like a missed opportunity for a daft mistake i shouldnt have made :icon_comp_rage

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm sure that somewhere someone will be moaning about the guy in front of them who clipped his pedal and ruined their chances of a better placing!

It was an eventful corner - in the previous race the guy who was leading going into the final lap got a puncture on the corner and in the race afterwards a few went down (including Eileen Roe, Kayleigh Brogan and Louise Borthwick) in the middle of the sprint coming out the final corner. So it could have been worse i suppose, at least i stayed on the bike.

• Members

Seventh out of 40-odd riders is good going, Iain. I can understand your disappointment, though, cos you look incredibly close to the top three in the photos of the finish. You must have been in with a real chance of the win before you grounded your pedal.

Stick at it. You've got Under The Castle, Dunfermline, Ingliston and maybe the Tour series support race still to come. Plenty of time for you to get on the podium.  Ohyadancer!

Well , actually it was only Eileen Roe, British Crit Champion who 'went down' at the 'eventful corner'. She failed miserably to negotiate the corner, totally lost control in the bend, hit the deck and broadsided Kayleigh and Miss Borthwick who were in contention, knocking them both off and robbing them both of a possible win / podium place. Desperate, absolutely desperate.