Renfrew Winter Bunch

P McDonald

Another great day. Prof Gunson was very frisky making no less than 2 solo bursts on barmill stretch. The good doc McLean was Aldo looking far too comfortable and as for. Paul no surprises he got largs sprit ( I was a poor 4 th after Archibald snr & jnr. Iain had a tough second. 1/2 but hung on till green acres .

Roll on next week

Ps Gumley expect to see your medical certificate for your no show

Steady winter training miles....

John Craig tells me you guys are known as The JWCC Winter Racing Team :D  

• Committee

Iain, no wonder you found the Barrcraigs run hard, Archibald et fils led out bonkers fast finale from Greenacres to Howwood. I would love to see what they have for breakfast. Probably Weetabix AND porridge.

Congratulations on the extremely sensible pacing (much to Paul's disgust) which ensured the bunch stuck together until the final habble.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Paul and Charlie

Up at 7 bells, had breakfast, sleeping again by 7-45. Afterburn of a vomiting virus last weekend. Wife says she'll sign my certificate for me. Hoping I'll ut tomorrow with the bunch. Looking forward to next week.

Sounds like a pretty dramatic time after leaving largs. Mad head the ball driver!

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ritchie Provan & Colin were met by self and Iain just as they were leaving bogs. I was on lash last night and took me a while to get things together so apologies to Iain for keeping him waiting. Upside was that Iain got a lot of PBS on georgetown rd on way to Renfrew.

We then had delights of a headwind and heavy rain all way to Largs. Pretty painful. Scott from Inverclyde velo joined us just after skelmorlie . Hurrah a bit less time at front. We hit Largs looking like drowned rats. Met Billy mac there. He had ploughed a lone furrow there from Red Smiddy. Chapeau. Billy went up haylie brae as he had an urgent meeting with tommy Craig. Billy was in Alan Sugar mode. The rest of us carried on to west Kilbride picking Andy Gumley up en route. At Dalry Andy left us and we took kilbirnie rd back.

Tough day on bike but hot soak in bath after was delightful

Hope the shirkers are able to join us next week

Made my return from Xmas shopping duties. Like the old air pilot had to go out or I would have missed my slot ! Otherwise think I would have been in bed with a copy of the Broons. Anyway glad I made it out and cheers to the other guys for making such a miserable day weather wise so enjoyable. One rule 5 ride done !

Stupidity

Was too cold to wait at bus stop so thought if I just carried on you lot would catch me

Half way along the coast into driving rain and a block headwind I realised my mistake got to Largs had a coffee and waited

Went up the Healy and meat up with some one that offers me a wheel but I was pedalling squares by then limped home with an unusually high heart rate

Think my man flu is still hanging on, out next week though

• 2023 Subscriptions

Late leaving so made my way up Brisbane Glen to meet the bunch in Greenock. Punctured and with only half a canister of air descended to Largs. What followed at a 2 1/2 hour tour of north ayrshire. Met the most miserable bunch of renfrews coming in to Fairlie. Good to have human company to Dalry. Took the road to Saltcoats then home. 105k in the bag