Renfrew Winter Bunch

P McDonald

Yeah well done to all those who made it out today. Too much turbo and 4 weeks off the road led to an early demise just about burnhouse I think, it was a bit of a blur. Was faced with the dilemma of sitting at the back and battling the crosswinds, or working up the line an trying to take a turn at the front. I chose the latter and only made it half way! Decided I'd keep going and do the full route as I clearly need the miles but bagged that idea and turned off at Caldwell where I caught Alan and one other just before the reservoir and trundled home slowly with my tail between my legs with the knowledge that Charlie had taken me apart!

How did the Barrhead sprint go? Did anyone make it?

Good to see you made it home Alan, didn't look too healthy when we left you!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richie got the sprint and well done to him. 'Twas very close. It just makes me more determined.

The very encouraging thing is that there were 4 x JWCC in the final selection of about 10 which means we should practice some attacking tactics and lead out plans for the final. Yes it's hard, yes you might blow, but it it will sort you out for road racing if that is your desire.

And there are a few more JWCC knocking on the door of being in the final.

Magnificent effort from Charlie who hung on all the way then put in a sustained cameo in the last couple of miles to string it out. ( yes Billy it was Charlie you should be afraid )

Andy and Alex both very strong and I reckon you guys held back just a little as you were not too sure of protocol etc. so next time you can get it all out. The rules about pace etc are that there are no rules from Kilwinning.

:)