29 Main Bunch

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

I find myself with time constraints now. I'll join you as far as the ferry, then head round to Largs and home via haylie or fairlie.

Fantastic ride round Dunoon. Lovely roads not so lovely hills the downs are worth the ups

Big shout to Charlie who's rear mech stopped working and Emma who was out ion her first main bunch ride

Think 107 miles not bad

• 2023 Subscriptions

Electronic groupsets have some development required methinks, I mean what do you do in the middle of Argyll if your rear mech just stops working?

So the heroic Charles rode the route with only a 16 at the back, I mean C11 on the 16, dark room and wine will be required

• 2024 Subscriptions

Another lovely day on the bike. World class scenery, excellent roads, and very good company with some new (to me at least) faces. Agree with Paul's comments about Emma and Charlie, although we don't actually know that our learned friend rode the C11;-)

See you all in a few weeks.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great ride, always like a trip over to Cowal. With the amount of climbing it was the sort of ride that has me full of good intentions about getting serious about my diet (the good intentions didnt last the full 90 minutes of a world cup game though!) Cracking ride by Charlie with only 2 useable gears - a big one that wasnt quite big enough for the flat and a small one that wasnt quite small enough for the climbs. Well done to Emma too for first main bunch ride.

Special mention for the final sprint to Bishopton - Alan timing his sprint effort to perfection then adding some style to the victory with an arms in the air celebration. Only it was for the 40 sign with Billy then coming round to take the 30!

• Life Members

Charlie,

Sorry to hear about your mishap with the gears, bet you must have enjoyed the extra work needed with limited gears! :-)

Anyway, did you try pressing the reset button on the "junction box" ?

I was told that a hard knock to the gears (maybe happened during the ferry crossing the water?) can cause malfunction, but the reset button usually solve the issue and puts it back to the default setting!

Hope you get your gears sorted!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chung

Tried reset button but no joy. Alan M has re me to page 64 of manual which may explain problem. I have to press button A to sort but can not see it. Will let u know solution once I have spoken to Alan @ Thomsons. Despite being stuck in 16 I had a great day