April 6 main bunch

Guest EPCC

What a struggle today! I think still feeling the the effects of giving blood last week. After managing to get dropped before Lugton I felt a bit better so pressed on to Largs solo rather than head for home from Kilwinning and caught up with the bunch in the BB.

A hard battle up the Clune for Iain C, Ritchie and me and strong headwind back to Lochwinnoch.

Surprised that Strava says my average speed was 16 mph!! 84 miles in the bag.

• Members

Too many Paris-Roubaix riders on summer bike which did not bode well at present fitness levels. Sounds like my choice to ride with intermediates group this week was the right one! If some of the main bunch was shredded, must have been a fast pace! Will continue to push the fitness levels and hope to rejoin when up to speed

Charlie,

We did indeed look after the old boy. I went back to drag him back into the bunch. Telt me tae go* on up the road and leave him to his misery. Mumbled on about Scott of the Antarctic and a some fellow called Oates. Delerium had set in by then I fear.

(* no his exact wording)

Charlie - I was not abandoned. I told them to go on as I was going to cut off for home at Kilwinning.

I am glad I made the decision to press on. Gained on the bunch by missing out Irvine and cutting across to Kilwinning from Auchentibber.