April 6 main bunch

Guest EPCC

Guys I am in Manchester Sunday Track assessment

So could somebody post a route Al is back so why not go north side

Just a suggestion last big run before PR

Guest George

Was thinking of similar to last weeks ride but extending it to Callander but go on the quieter roads/avoiding busy town centres.

Depends on the weather. Obviously.

Could head out towards Balfron and Buchlyvie then onto Thornhill and Callander. Cafe stop here before doing the Duke's from the northside into Aberfoyle.

I'd normally head straight for Milngavie from Aberfoyle, but Drymen and the Stockiemiur road are options.

Did this route last summer about 90 miles or thereabouts. My other thought was to do the full coast including Barrhead in reverse. Miller Street, Paisley, Barrhead, Irvine, Kilwinning, 3 Towns then full coast to Bishy. Long flat miles for the P2R mob.

Ritchie, We have had previous dicussions: Sunday club runs are not supposed to be 'training' runs for specific events.

However, in this case, there are bail out options after the Bagel Basket - Hayley, Whin or Clune for those who want something shorter!

Going into hypocrite mode: I need the miles for Drumlanrig so might tackle a climb on the way back.!!

Full coast in reverse then? Plenty of bail out options and hills up from the coast for those that want/need them. 09.00 from Miller Street

Callander is one for a sunny summer's day and I ain't going anywhere near the club run/training run question other than to say 'keep up at the back there and ease up at the front'

• 2023 Subscriptions

I like the idea of long flat miles. The forecast looks very wet, so I may well stick with my trusty old bike until I can take the new one out in dry weather. Maybe around July........

Guest George

Ritchie, it's just a bike:

To paraphrase that famous cyclist, Fatboy Slim:

Eat Ride Wash Repeat

I find that 40% of the time when riding my winter bike in the company of others on good bikes I get annoyed at being soaked by their wheel spray every time.

So you may as well soak em back :)